Do not use steam for graw 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not use steam for graw 2

It seems that Graw 2 downloaded from steam is a no no when you want to play on our server. We are running custom maps and Steam does not like them. The stock maps are good to go but we do not run them. If at all possible purchase the game instead of running it from Steam.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Do not use steam for graw 2

Does the Ubisoft D\L version work? I just purchased and installed it to play GRAW 2 with TG but the server has been desolate so I haven"t been able to check.

If anyone wants to play hit me up on x-fire or teamspeak (SN on both is the same as forum SN)

Also Ubisoft is having a sale on GRAW 2 till 2/9 Ghost Recon pack for 19.95

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Island Thunder
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Desert Siege

//digitalstore.ubi.com/0/6711/product/Buy-Tom-Clancy%27s-Ghost-Recon-Complete-Pack-Download (add https: in front - I can"t link URLs yet)
    |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

I've got the version off steam before reading this and can confirm that it's not possible to connect to the TG GRAW2 server or most of the other GRAW2 servers out there (i found one that let me connect)
      Error message: "Altered files not permitted to avoid cheating".
      The game is in it's original (Steam) state as i just downloaded it today. I opened a support ticket with Steam and wait to hear back from them. When i do i'll let you know here.
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

OK I just logged in to the server and am on snakepit map. So the Ubisoft D/L version works (which I think is the same as the Direct2Drive one). Wow it's pretty lonely in here :-)
        |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

I bought the steam pack too ! :)
          I hope it gets worked out and we can play on the TG server

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
            It seems that Graw 2 downloaded from steam is a no no when you want to play on our server. We are running custom maps and Steam does not like them. The stock maps are good to go but we do not run them. If at all possible purchase the game instead of running it from Steam.
            Originally posted by dawolf View Post
            I've got the version off steam before reading this and can confirm that it's not possible to connect to the TG GRAW2 server or most of the other GRAW2 servers out there (i found one that let me connect)
            Error message: "Altered files not permitted to avoid cheating".
            The game is in it's original (Steam) state as i just downloaded it today. I opened a support ticket with Steam and wait to hear back from them. When i do i'll let you know here.
            Son of a gun! I just wasted $30 on Steam (bought it two weeks ago) because they're using the age-old excuse of "because it's cheating"? Gawd, why can't they just use PB like everyone else?!

Great just great. So much for my plan of playing GRAW2 on the TG server Monday.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Wish I had known this two weeks ago.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This story about R6Vegas doesnt get my hopes up: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=788648

Short version: steam and ubi tech support are bouncing problems off between them :(
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I don't know about everyone else, but i've started to be careful with buying games for online use on steam because of possible issues like this. That and the high euro pricing.

Comment

yea i bought it before i read this.... darn me
                  |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Ditto. I saw Steam had the entire GRAW games for $20 so I bought them...then I read this. Blah... Oh well, if they don't fix it, I'll pick up the DVD version.

Comment

I am notifying Steam for a refund because of this issue.

Good luck guys!

Comment

This is strange, I've never run into a problem like this with steam before. If I had steam's GRAW2 version I'd try to figure out a workaround. From this thread it looks like a general steam/graw2 problem, not specific to custom maps
                        http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=798455 The only thing I can advise in the meantime is to use your cdkey on a different version of GRAW2. Your cdkey should be in your windows registry.

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
                          Ditto. I saw Steam had the entire GRAW games for $20 so I bought them...then I read this.
                          yea same
                          |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post

Good luck guys!
                            You can't according to their policy. Once purchased, nothing that you've bought can be refunded. That's the one catch with Steam.

*pops open a can of soda* Here's to hoping this issue with running GRAW2 vanilla only gets resolved.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post

Good luck guys!

if im not mistaken didnt birdie have this same issue with COD5? I think it was the same kind of issue. The steam version of COD5 would not connect to modified servers, or something to that effect. I do believe he got a refund, but i think he bugged them hourly to get one.
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...