Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebirth of Squad Combat at Tactical Gamer: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Feliz Viaje: 1400 hrs
    Operation: Recon and Eliminate Hostile Threats Waging Terrorist Attacks on the Provisional Mexican Goverment
    Day 5....

SITREP: Had been in the outskirts of target village over three days now...
    Recon analysis: Approximately seven patrols a day of eight or more watching the major roads in and out of target area. Two smaller roads used to transport drugs and ammunition. One large convoy entered town today, four trucks and two limos and helicopter support.
    Orders received 20 minutes ago: Penetrate and investigate inside town. Team is ready. Proceed through the side-streets. Upon turning the corner, a patrol of six or more coming closer... 25 meters away. I am Delta 1 and I just issued a "Weapons ready" check to my ghosts. I am receiving live feeds from higher command....

Static burst... "Delta 2 moving into position... no clear shot yet..."

Static burst... "Delta 3 has one tango in sight..."

Static burst... "Delta 4 is prone, waiting for the signal to open fire...."

I broadcast the rules of engagement are now yellow... I take a deep breath, waiting for the patrol to pass... Wait! The patrol has stopped, do they see me?? the patrol is moving to my location the point man reaches for his flashlight… I'm holding my breath aiming thru my ACOG on my SCAR Heavy, slowly turning the selector switch to full auto... sweat rolls down my face stinging my eyes...

Welcome to the rebirth of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW2) at Tactical Gamer. As anyone who has played the series, this is a game unlike most others. The game is built upon players experiencing action as one of the ‘Ghosts’ or special forces who are sent into some of the world’s most dangerous and troubling situations.

Tactical Gamer has a deep history with this game in all of its incarnations and we’ve got something special ready for the reboot of this great game. The admins have worked tirelessly to prepare a special experience for the gamers.

First off, the dedicated server has been brought online again! Additionally, they have gone out and gotten the best of the mod maps and play-tested them all to insure a quality game experience. These maps have been battle tested and are the best of the known mod maps. They have been loaded and put into rotation to insure a successful launch back into this most loved game. And the main failure of this title has been overcome! Tactical Gamer now has a dedicated Team Speak Channel setup just to play this title the way it was meant to be played!

All people wanting to join should download the maps from this link: here for the entire pack of maps.

GRAW2 represents an experience unlike any other. The opportunity has come again for the ultimate in small squad play and participate in a game that has held a great tradition here at Tactical Gamer. Please head on over to the Ghost Recon section of the forums to get all of the important information.

Whether you are new to GRAW2 or a veteran come and experience all of the greatest aspects of Tactical Gamer in one of the most compelling environments and feel your pulse pound as never before. See you out there, Ghosts!

Big props to Photometric for getting this written up!

Re: Rebirth of Squad Combat at Tactical Gamer: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Ahh, cool. I take it this is for the PC version, yes?
    Might consider getting this if I find it in a bargain bin somewhere. :)

Comment

Re: Rebirth of Squad Combat at Tactical Gamer: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Yes indeed good Sir!

The majority of us have found this for $9 - $19 and since Team Speak is free it makes it a great title to hop into for a few missions and just move around completing the objectives in short order.

Be advised that the new maps are difficult and as soon as you spawn it forces the squad to seek cover and eliminate the initial threat before devising a plan. It makes for some really hair raising moments but again its highly enjoyable having full comms.

Comment

Hmmm interesting.

Is this a TvT game or coop?

Comment

Yes.

We just need to know what players want. We have done both.

Comment

Well, I'll be one the lookout. Got €20 in my pocket!

Comment

I loved this game on the 360, and now I can't wait to see how it looks on my rig :D. Hope to see y'all there if I ever pick this game up. Btw, has anyone heard any news about a possible GRAW 3, or what games are being made by the same dev team?
              The only sure barrier to truth is to assume you already have it.

Comment

I might grab it if you guys are going to be running TvT

Comment

I'll pick it up once i get paid next friday.

Comment

Bump

Its taken a little time but we have added player vs player modes to the server.

That's live vs live and we are currently play testing new maps with improved AI that are equally compelling.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Be sure to check the latest posting in the GRAW forums to get the most up to date maps and files needed.

Comment

We are alive and kicking. Come join us as we bring more new life to the game. We have new maps and game types on the server. You old GR folks, come back and show us what you are all about.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

AND looking for some great TvT coming up on every Saturday evening!

Grab your headset and get onto Teamspeak for this awesome tactical squad shooter!

And be sure to check the GRAW2 forums for the updated links for the new map packs, which are amazing!!

Comment

It is a LOT more fun without the AI involved..and I love the kits offered..! Is a shame that some other games do not take a look at GRAW2 and take notes.. :)

Comment

thinking about buying this, is there much activity on the server? (don't want to buy a game that is dead here, since I don't really play anywhere else)
                              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...