Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW2 newbie with questions!

Hi there,

I recently downloaded the GRAW2 demo and played it on my PC (yeah, I'm late to the party) and it looks great! Except for some AI problems, which I'm hoping are fixed now?

Sometimes an AI character will seem to get stuck on a bit of scenery and jiggle around indefinitely, but much worse than that is the way that my guys will sometimes completely ignore the orders I give them on the tactical map. I'll plan out a sequence of moves for each of my men, hit "Execute All" and prepare to see my brilliant plan put into action... only to see two of the guys do what they were told and the third just stand there and do nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? If it's a bug, I really want to know if it ever got patched? I'd like to buy the game, it looks good, but I really can't play it if men regularly ignore my orders! :(

Also, can I expect any other severe bugs in the full (and fully patched) version? Oh and another thing: are there any good mods for this game you can recommend?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: GRAW2 newbie with questions!

Sorry I won't be much help but welcome to our forums. We usually play multi-player maps. We all play as a team against the AI or against each other. We here at TG play on our server which has custom maps which are very good. We communicate on a program call TeamSpeak, which is a free download. You are welcome to come and play with us if you read and follow the rules. You can become a supporting member if you choose to but it is not a requirement. The people you meet here are a great bunch of guys to play with. As you can see we here at TG support multiple games so check us out and this will be the only place you will want to play at.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. I went ahead and bought the full game and so far I don't seem to be having too much trouble with the AI which is nice. I'm going to play through the single player campaign and when that's done I'll likely try to arrange a game with you guys :)

I've used teamspeak before so no worries there. I'm very relieved actually that you use TS and not xfire, cos xfire halves my framerate in some games - its an awful piece of software! TS is much better IMO.

Cheers,
      OLC

Comment

You'll also want to go thru the forums and download and install the map packs which do include some mods to the AI which make them "smarter" and more playable. Plus, after you've played the single player having real people in a muli-player co-op is fun as well. This is something you can do from your own machine and then its large scale operations with full fire teams on the dedicated server. Enjoy!
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
          You'll also want to go thru the forums and download and install the map packs which do include some mods to the AI which make them "smarter" and more playable. Plus, after you've played the single player having real people in a muli-player co-op is fun as well. This is something you can do from your own machine and then its large scale operations with full fire teams on the dedicated server. Enjoy!
          Thanks for the help! I didn't realise that some of the map packs also included AI mods... do you know which ones exactly? There are a lot of downloadable GRAW2 maps on various sites and many of them have little or no description at all of what they include.

Comment

I think he is talking about the ones you get from this site. You can play these maps by yourself on our server but a lot of time you will get on and start playing and before you know it other people start to join. Then the AI start to multiply, that is the more people playing the more AI opponents.
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

I want to join to a clan in graw 2 . can somebody help me PLEASE =)

Comment

There are several 1st class groups that play. The way to find them is to play regularly and find a server that they have a chance to get to know you which will require that you join their Vent or TS server as well. There are several French groups that might work for you depending on what languages you speak.
                Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Hello TG Family Brooklyn here just bought GRAW2 and with the help of Capt. Bronco installed map 14 -7 . looking forward to playing coop with you guys. I do have other FPS but I love coop and team based combat. Later guys.

Lets Go JETS !

Comment

Brooklyn, glad to have you aboard. You'll get a chance to meet the rest of the regulars soon just wqtch your six when Bubba's on. LOL
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X