Game freezes during load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes during load

I finally got around to re-installing GRAW2 after several years. I added the 1.05 patch and then launched the game. I get the splash screen and see the progress bar... at about half way the game appears to freeze and I have to end the process through the task manager.

I'm running Vista x64 and wonder if there is anything special I need to do for this to work.

Ideas?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Game freezes during load

It works fine for me with Vista x64 bit so it's not that.

I had to install the Nvidia Physx driver to get it working, the game required it. I downloaded the latest one from nvidia.com. Can you are missing it or something similar? Other than that i don't remember anything special about the install.

Comment

Here is someone else that had the same problem... It appears to be Creative X-Fi on Vista 64 issue. I have the latest drivers... so I'm not sure what else to look at.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...-graw-2-a.html

This was the last word I had on using the steam download for Graw but your issue does seem different. I have the game loaded on two different systems with Vista 64 so I have trouble believing its a Vista issue. I have the discs for GRAW2 and d/led GRAW from D2D and haven't had any issues except for the random crash for "stacking" issues. You lose your stats but we just rejoin and continue.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I bought Graw on Steam and returned it immediately due to the fact that it would not load up. I think many of us bought it from D2D as Bronco stated.
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I had purchased the DVD way back when so at least I know it's not a steam / D2D issue. Two years ago I played it on my XP 32bit machine with no issues.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Ask these guys they live Graw...
              http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
              George S. Patton

Comment

You have to get the problem fixed. We need new target meat, er.. I mean new teammates.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X