quick question from a newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question from a newbie

Hey all....I just picked up GRAW and was thinking about picking it up for my son as well but was curious as to whether or not it has a co-op MP ability over lan? He is 13 but not quite ready for TG methinks ;). (although he used to do one hell of a job following me around as a medic in bf2..got LOTS of points fixing me when I got broke....lol) I would love to get him "trained up" so we could play together but was not sure about the lan ability. Anywho, thx for any info and I will see you on the server once I get the hang of it :)
    Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM.
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: quick question from a newbie

There is an option in the create server menu to create a Lan server or a Lan Campaign server but if he's use to sticking close to you he would be welcome here as well. (As long as he likes hanging out with a bunch of OLD GUYS!) This doesn't usually appeal to the young as much as the young at heart.
    Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

It's my understanding you guys got a few younger players recently
      *whistle*

Yeah, if he is willing to be a medic and patch people up, he should be a TGer. Not necessarily a GRAWer, but a TGer nontheless.
      It might be a little more difficult for GRAW because (from my perspective):
      -Classes are largely built to be aggressive. There are no 'medics'. If you die, you respawn. In GRAW, you have your
      1) Guy with rifle and a grenade launcher
      2) Guy with rifle and smoke/frag
      3) Guy with rifle
      4) Guy with machine gun and smoke
      5) Sniper

The class objectives are pretty much the same for all of them.

-soldiers are given pretty much free reign over their actions. Given the nature of respawning (in coop), you can't really fail. There's no penalty for dying. Just try again if you die.
      While I am actually very impressed that people don't take advantage of it, it's still there.
      Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:17 PM.
      Without teamwork, you'll never survive.
      Without betrayal you'll never win.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts guys =) you may see both of us pretty soon, once we get the hang of it all. I am going to let him create a forum account (nick is lilllama ;) )so you will probably see him soon =)
        Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:18 PM.
        |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
        I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Good to go. Look forward to seeing you on the server.
          Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:17 PM.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

YAY. Welcome aboard!
            Last edited by LpBronco; 10-01-2009, 12:18 PM. Reason: cleaning up forum header

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X