HUD Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUD Mods

I saw this over at the UBI forums. I havent tried it yet but it looks interesting.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums...3/m/7641093344

Re: HUD Mods

I'm trying that ASAP when I get home. I'll let yall know how it turns out.

Comment

I've gotten the compass mod to work, the group list mod to work, but haven't yet been able to get the MP chat box to go away. I'd recommend the compass mod and the MP chat box mod to everyone. Once I have a better grasp of how to do everything I'll make a walkthrough if it's desired.

Comment

thanks, i also tried the post effect where you see everything in more vivid color without the sepia overlay, the game just keeps on loading, had to uninstall and then reinstall it again. can you do the walk through for the hud mod please, i tried it but didn't work.
        |TG-7th|The_Jackal

Comment

Hud Mod (and framework for more Moding)

First thing you have to do is extract all the files from the bundle. GRAW has all the files you need to edit bundled up so you don't see them. You need to pull them out so you can edit them all.

1. Download the bundle extractor: http://nemon.myby.co.uk/BundleReader.exe

2. Open the bundlereader, hit 'open bundle' and navigate to c:\program files\ghost recon advanced warfighter\bundles\quick.bundle

3. Highlight the Data Folder, and hit 'Extract Node'. Navigate to c:\program files\ghost recon advanced warfighter\ and hit 'ok'

4. Edit context.xml in the main GR:AW folder, the bottom line should read

<compile xml="true" scripts="false" mopps="false" texture_db="false"/></context>

5. Rename quick.bundle something so the game uses the data files instead (ex. quick-orig.bundle)

* That 's the framework for all modding. All you have to do is edit/replace an xml file within the data directory, and delete the xml.bin(may or may not need to delete the .bin) file that has the same name as the xml you edit.

6. Download the modded HUD files at http://www.ghostaholic.com/page-id-595.html

7. Extract the files into c:\program files\ghost recon advanced warfighter\data\gui

8. Delete or rename the original files, and rename the Modded files to the filename.
          ex. delete or rename hud_mp_chat.xml and hud_mp_chat.xml.bin and rename hud_mp_chat_ClXv2.xml to hud_mp_chat.xml

So far I have the chat box gone, and the directionals on the compass larger and easier to read. I moved the group list to the bottom left a bit. The GUI seems much less in the way so far.

Comment

Don't follow the directions above. I can't edit my post, otherwise I'd delete it. There seems to be a way you can run mods without having to compile ALL the files, and edit them. Unpacking the files increased load times and the mods were overrides of the original files, making it hard to un-mod your GRAW install. If I get the new way up and running I'll either write up another how-to, or find a link explaining it all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X