Here it is....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it is....

.....our very own maps & mods forum for GRAW. Hopefully we'll see a lot of activity in here!

Re: Here it is....

Thanks Strag. Great idea getting this put up.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I am working on a map right now. I don't really know what I am doing so I am just going to throw a city together and see if I can script some stuff. If I turns out that I can actually do it right then I will get working on some hopefully good maps then.

Comment

Sounds great Turbo! Post screenshots! :)
        [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour View Post
          Sounds great Turbo! Post screenshots! :)
          I don't have much yet. I have about 2 city blocks setup so far, I didn't get into the details yet. I want to at least get 6 blocks setup then I need to see if I can make the map work in coop. If I am successful then Ill expand the map and do all the fine details then.

I wonder if we can modify the OGR maps that they included with the pack. If that can be done then we could probably make a few maps out of them. Just add new objectives and change enemy positions etc.

Comment

Turbo, I think it is. There's a program that extracts the compressed data bundles of GRAW... you might be able to find the map files you need through that. Although I'm not sure what directory or file you'd look for.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

two words.....white tiger
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Thx strag.

Comment

A White Tiger remake would be great if their was actually stuff textured for a forest. Almost everything is for a city.

Comment

i wonder if you can import textures and foliage. Hey it might even be fun to make a city version
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I understand that the original GR had some good maps. Can some of those be converted?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
                        I understand that the original GR had some good maps. Can some of those be converted?
                        Original GR maps are made in 3D Studio Max. There's a good chance GRAW will be able to import geometry, but there are many components to a map besides the geometry. With GR, it was portals, doors, windows, rooms, sherman levels, sherman transitions, surface tagging, 2d collision planes, and more. Even if you can figure out how to import geometry, all of that stuff will have to be redone.

I heard, btw, that GRAW has no doors (meaning that the game engine is not built to handle doors). That could limit the usefulness of most of the GR maps, unless all the buildings just magically had no doors.

If anyone figures this stuff out, I've got quite a bit of stuff modelled I'd be happy to share with the TG crowd. Aside from two complete maps (one un-released), I've got tons of objects like desks, shelves, lamps, telephones, crates, vending machines, trash bins, computers, etc. Some work might need to be done to create higher-resolution textures, as I imagine GRAW handles much more than GR did.
                        [volun]

Comment

the trees in the game are not even 3d, it makes me mad when map makers put trees in the grond to look like bushes, and they are not 3d so it makes the game look like crap, cus the tree follows you

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X