This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OGR Coop Map: Black Hawk Down

There is a new OGR Coop map running in rotation on our server called Black Hawk Down. Your computer will download this map provided that you follow these steps:

1) When you encounter the map on our GRAW server for the first time, you will likely be kicked from the server. If this happens, simply reconnect to the server.

2) The game will inform you that you do not have the necessary map, and you should see a button to Download the map. Click this button. The map will be downloaded to your computer.

3) You will then be instructed to restart GRAW. This means that you will have to exit completely out of the game, and then restart it.

4) Once you're back in the game, you can then reconnect to our server and play on the new map.

You will only have to follow this process once when you encounter a map on our server that you do not have on your computer.

Alternatively, you can download the map manually and install it yourself by placing the following file in your ..\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels directory:

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~st...wk_down.bundle
    Last edited by Strag; 10-09-2006, 07:42 PM.

Re: New Map: Black Hawk Down

This is a co-op map?
    -

Comment

This is interesting... any review of the map?

Comment

Well I downloaded it per instructions, played it alone...didn't last long at all of course, but looks very nice, it is a night map, so night vision is needed, and I guess theres no way to make an overview map or whatever in it.

Can't wait to try it with more then me, it looks big but I didn't get to far to see it all, and like I said no overview map.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Will DL when I get a chance. Can we get an overview of what the map is about?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

You can learn details about the map and its development here, but there ARE spoilers in that thread, so be warned. This seems to be among the best of the few OGR Coop maps released so far. It's not perfect, but it ain't bad, either. The author says he's working on both a day version and an updated night version of the map.

The overview from the "briefing" is that a Black Hawk helicopter was shot down, and your team must enter hostile territory to recover any survivors and/or bodies.

Comment

Very cool! I'll get to downloading it in a few hours, also get to playing it a bit aswell :) Thanks for staying on top of things Strag! Keep up the good work!
              -

Comment

I know folks are working on more new OGR Coop maps, so hopefully we'll see them soon. There are a few other OGR Coop maps already released that seem fairly rough, but future revisions of those may be contenders for our server rotation.

By the way, reports indicate that there MAY be tanks in the area in Black Hawk Down, so be advised. :)

Comment

Cool map! The enemy spawn at the start really kills my FPS for a moment... which has gotten me killed once.. heh

Was wondering if you guys would pump it up to 2 rounds a map, or back to the 3 rounds per map? Loading takes a while :)
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                    Was wondering if you guys would pump it up to 2 rounds a map, or back to the 3 rounds per map?
                    People have been experiencing CTDs on custom maps when more than one round is played per map, so that's part of why the round count per map has been set to one.

Keep in mind that Black Hawk Down is designed to be played with a group, so it'll be very difficult for a single player.

Comment

Thats alright, I'd rather spin through maps then CTD.

Played through a little of it with a pubbie an hour ago, we didn't last long, but judging from the layout and what we encountered, it'll be one helluva fight to make it to the end :D
                      -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X