This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OGR Coop Map: Heavy Resistance

There is a new OGR Coop map running in rotation on our server called Heavy Resistance. Your computer will download this map provided that you follow these steps:

1) When you encounter the map on our GRAW server for the first time, you will likely be kicked from the server. If this happens, simply reconnect to the server.

2) The game will inform you that you do not have the necessary map, and you should see a button to Download the map. Click this button. The map will be downloaded to your computer.

3) You will then be instructed to restart GRAW. This means that you will have to exit completely out of the game, and then restart it.

4) Once you're back in the game, you can then reconnect to our server and play on the new map.

You will only have to follow this process once when you encounter a map on our server that you do not have on your computer.

Alternatively, you can download the map manually and install it yourself by placing the following file in your ..\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels directory:

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~st...y_level.bundle
    Last edited by Strag; 10-09-2006, 07:41 PM.

Re: New Map: Heavy Resistance

Hopefully when I have some time I can join you guys again.

Comment

This map is NASTY, with a capital N. Even harder than the other two. I figure this map will NEED about 12 people to properly work.

And literally, there are 155 enemies on this map. No joke. Have fun :).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
        And literally, there are 155 enemies on this map.
        Nice, sounds more like a real OGR map. :)

Comment

Yeah... the AI makes it silly. Lots of brush cover, but it only works to their advantage. They can see through it without any problems; we can't. Your best to avoid the areas with the foliage and stick to the buildings and hardcover, thats the only way your going to effectively stay out of their sights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving GRAW; but these custom maps seem to be catered to people that play the maps over and over until they have it memorized enough to go through it. They are incredibly hard and even the most careful group will get slaughtered right off the bat unless you have first-hand intel on enemy positions. Atleast, that's my take on it.

We need those GRAW goodies in this OGR mode; The pink diamonds (friendlies spot bad-guy; bad-guy now on everyones HUD) over-head map and even that helmet cam (so you can see what squadmates see at any given time on the battlefield). We're the soldiers of the future, why not use the toys that come with it? Besides, the AI definately has something over us... None of this would happen to be a server-side setting would it?

All in all, I like the new maps, tough as they are, they challange us and are a change the from the usual 3 default ones. Change is always good :)
          Kudos to Strag and whoever else is responsible for keeping us up on the latest in the GRAW communities outside of TG. You boys needs you some ribbons, eh!
          -

Comment

I guess it isn't possible to download the maps ahead of time w/o going through all that hullabaloo?
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

if there is, I'd LOVE to know about it.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

and another map, "My map"...anyway got all three now.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

when you load up the new map initially called "my_level" after restarting GRAW, it changes the name to "Heavy Resistance."

Something was a little screwed up in the name of the map in the map file or something. Strag knows the details.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X