Aiming the M203

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming the M203

There's a trick to this weapon that I have yet to figure out. I really want to become proficient with it, but I'm having trouble.

SOMETIMES the grenade launcher fires in a preditable arc that you can adjust to and hit targets with. OTHER TIMES the grenade comes out , and just drops like the thing was a dud.

Reading the ghost recon forums people are complaining about the issue as well. I assume there is a rhyme/reason behind why the grenade fires this way. Some people think it has do with leaning while firing, or possibly being crouched. Someone else said you have to hold down the mouse button to get more velocity. I'm not at home to test though. What is the trick?

Re: Aiming the M203

It seems to hit stuff, and it has like a timer on it, if it hits somthing in the first few feet it does not go off. It does this all the time to me when im leaning, it looks like a clear shot, but then I shoot and never hear an explosion, so I think that the first person weapon model is off or somthing, also the maps are really filled with objects that block every thing from shots, to movment, you kinda have to be out in the open to get a clear show with that thing. Also the gl on the mrc is more power full then the scar, and m8 I think. I think the m203 is on the mrc, not sure what launcher is on the other guns.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingBEERmug
      It seems to hit stuff, and it has like a timer on it, if it hits somthing in the first few feet it does not go off. It does this all the time to me when im leaning, it looks like a clear shot, but then I shoot and never hear an explosion, so I think that the first person weapon model is off or somthing, also the maps are really filled with objects that block every thing from shots, to movment, you kinda have to be out in the open to get a clear show with that thing. Also the gl on the mrc is more power full then the scar, and m8 I think. I think the m203 is on the mrc, not sure what launcher is on the other guns.
      Hmm.. No its not this.. I know what you mean aobut the timer and not going off. That isn't it though. The grenade DOES go off. It leaves the barrell flies about 10m, not hitting ANYTHING, then just falls to the ground and explodes. It's like there was just no force behind the projectile. There must be a reason why when you normally shoot it, the thing flies far and fast, then other times it just drops to the ground for no apparent reason. I really think it has something to do with leaning, but I'm not at home to try it out.

Comment

Rembering back I dont every remember making a show with the gl hit where I want, while leaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
          Leaning is the problem. Seems to throw the whole thing off, which may make sense due to the fact that you're holding the weapon out to the side and the GL needs some stability to prevent recoil. It might be a bug, but also could be intentional.

Also note that the crosshairs are a little deceptive at ranges within 10-30m. The projectile launches pretty much straight at the 20m crosshair tick for the first 25m, regardless of how close your target is. At ranges between 20-30m you only need to aim very slightly higher (half a tick) to get your target. The arc seems to drop off rapidly after that range, so for each 10m, you need to compensate a full tick and it starts to be accurately represented by the crosshairs.

I find the best place to practice this is at your first objective, where you have a distance marker on your HUD. Line up on the limo looking at the green box to view the actual distance and use that as a comparison for the crosshairs.
          I havent really tried out the GL in GRAW, but in real life the approximate arming distance is 30m. This would probably be why its a bit different in 10-30m ranges, because to be able to explode at such a close range you would have to get the distance by going more vertical. At longer distances than 30m (which is what the GL is intended for) i suppose the site is a little more helpful.

Comment

I think the arming distance is a little shorter in GRAW for gameplay's sake. I did manage to detonate a GL at about 10m. Unfortunately, the person got right back up. I'm still puzzled by that one.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well I went in the back yard and fired the M203 around a bit to test your theory. Up to 25m it doesn't do much but bounce around in the grass and the damn dog chases after it and then I gotta get the damn thing back. The yard is about 50m wide so I turned and fired it the length of the yard with better results. Hopefully the neighbors didn't need that swingset. Umm gotta go somebody's at the door :row__736:

Comment

You can also make your own waypoint in the tactical view (it's the yellow diamond) to test out ranges. I don't even bother with the grenade launcher, I just give one to a squad mate or two and hope they know how to aim the thing. Hooray for computer controlled teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                  You can also make your own waypoint in the tactical view (it's the yellow diamond) to test out ranges. I don't even bother with the grenade launcher, I just give one to a squad mate or two and hope they know how to aim the thing. Hooray for computer controlled teammates.
                  Waypoints are a good way to get distances, but Grin pulled a NASA. GL sight is in feet, waypoints are in meters (or other way around, I forget). When using the GL, break out the calculator for a quick conversion and the sight is dead accurate.

Comment

I just played again and the damn thing still does the pud shots, leaned or not. Hmm the plot thickens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X