So you've just gotten home from the store, torn off the plastic and now have GRAW sitting happily on your hard-drive. After failing the first mission a hundred different ways, it's probably time to look at some handy hints and tips to keep you alive.
- Your squad is there for a reason. Use them. The enemy outnumber you greatly, and there's no way you can kill them all yourself. Sure, you might get a couple. But they'll get you more often than not. Use the Tactical Map (accessed via the TAB key) to get a real-time overview of your position, and use this to plot out your strategy. Try and ensure that each of your squad-members are covering a different angle, and that the waypoints that you placed provide plenty of cover for the AI. They're smart, but they won't be able to hide behind anything in the middle of a street.
- Don't rush in. Take time to plan, organise and then go shoot people.
- Leaning is your friend.
- As are the diving and sliding prone keys (control or space while sprinting).
- Heck, even crouching and going prone are your friends.
- The squad-leader is far more valuable than a squad member. If the SL dies, the mission ends. If a squad-member dies...then you live to fight another day, minus the cost of sending flowers to his funeral. As SL, you shouldn't be leading the pack through the follow command - it'll end in tears.
- Suppress and flank, suppress and flank. Mexico City is a veritable maze of streets, back-alleys and shortcuts that you can use to get behind your opponents.
- If an enemy takes cover behind something, try a frag grenade or grenade launcher. If thrown correctly, it should kill them, destroy their cover or flush them out.
- Read this forum. TGers love to post helpful tips or tactics, and remember to share some of your own.