How does the slide/lunge/whatever work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the slide/lunge/whatever work

So you know those stance up/slide buttons or whatever? How do those work? I know you have to be sprinting while you press them, but 90% of the time nothing happens. I loaded up the demo and basically just tried to figure it out, but aside from sliding a few times at seemingly random intervals I couldn't get the hang of it.

So, basically, a few questions.

1. How do you slide/lunge/whatever in-game? What keys do you press?

2. Why do you slide/lunge/whatever? What advantages does it give you?

3. If Train A leaves Town 1 heading south at 25MPH and Train B leaves Town 2, which is 65 miles east of Town 1, heading at a 45 degree angle southwest, at the same time, heading 15MPH, when Train B crosses Train A's tracks, how long will Train A have been gone and what is the rate the distance between the two trains is changing when Train B passes over Train A's tracks? Show your work.

Re: How does the slide/lunge/whatever work

This confused me as well in the beginning. It's worth learning how the 'dive' and 'backslide' work though.

To backslide you have to be 1. completely standing up 2. running (holding shift) 3. And facing forward (not running backward).

Be doing those three things, then hit the LOWER STANCE button. You will see your characters foot slide out in front. Your effectively sliding on your butt with your gun out.

What this does for you:
    1. It is the quickest way to get from full sprint running to a firing position behind cover. This is because when you do this maneuver, it puts you into a CROUCHED position. Crouched is the best position to fight from because it presents the smallest target to the enemy while still giving you the ability to lean. You cannot lean when prone.

2. It works as an OH SHI manuever because it is one of the VERY few animations in the game that actually lets you fire while it is happening. You can suddenly be surprised, go into a slide which gets your head down, and let out a burst from your gun, dropping your tango. Note the coolness factor of pulling this off.

To dive you have to be 1. Running (shift) 2. Facing forward 3. Not prone already.

Be doing those three things (crouched or standing), hit the prone button, and your character just dives face first to the dirt.

What this does for you:
    1. Sort of obvious - a very OH SHI manuever. Generally you took fire while running when you didn't expect to take fire, you got surprised, and you need to get down fast. Just dive man. Prone in this game doesn't seem to be a very effective position to fight from, but it is the most effective position to be in if your goal is to STAY ALIVE.

I have had to use this in the first courtyard of the demo map a few times because we didn't get all the tangos but I thought it was clear. The foundation that the palm trees in the courtyard sprout from is very low. Crouching leaves you exposed behind these things, I had to dive behind one on several occassions to stay alive.

Side note: the diving animation takes a few seconds, and you can't fire. Going prone when you first see a bad guy in BF2 was a good thing, doing so in this game is a very bad idea.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the explanations. I guess the reason I never even got 1 dive off is because I don't use the "prone" key much; I just use "stance down," and then since I usually don't sprint around crouched (why bother?) I don't have a chance to dive.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
        Cool, thanks for the explanations. I guess the reason I never even got 1 dive off is because I don't use the "prone" key much; I just use "stance down," and then since I usually don't sprint around crouched (why bother?) I don't have a chance to dive.
        Hey chief, when your running for cover, while holding SHIFT, press ctrl and it will put you in a dive that leaves you in prone :row__523:
        -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X