So who wants Spec Ops training then?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who wants Spec Ops training then?

Back in the old GR days, Badger used to lend a hand with some of the TG GR squads and give pointers on how to assault, move etc. With Falcon we offer training because the game is very complex and needs it but what about tactical FPS?

I say this because it seems we have a verying degree of skillsets when it comes to FPS with some more experienced than others. Not everyone is completely familiar with fire and movement, covering, etc so if anyone feels that they could do with some help then why not PM someone you think could help you and ask to go over a few things?

Even though GRAW limits us to 4 players, that's actually a perfect size to work with. If you can get a regular group of you together playing then you'll start to mold as a group. When GR was at its heyday Groups like Alpha Squad used to script mission and hold tourneys for Coop play. These were very intense and great fun and I would expect that if this is possible, we'll see the GR tourneys coming back (and maybe even host some here at TG). If this happens, what you learn now will hold you in good stead for the future :)
    Jex.

Re: So who wants Spec Ops training then?

This sounds great. I'm not sure if H-Hour is going to pick up GRAW, but he taught me a lot about GR.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I'd love to be involved. As soon as my retail copy arrives/the cdkey gets sent to me I'm in. I'd be happy to help out with the Bootcamp aspects or whatever or simply be along for the ride.

I have no RL experience with tactical organisation so my own input would be largely derived from online gameplay and studying infantry operations manuals etc.

Comment

I'd love to learn what I can and maybe once my knowledge grows, I can help others do the same :)

Presently though, I'd do more damage than good as a teacher than a student.
        -

Comment

What time is training?

Comment

Seeing as how we have YET to beat ANY map on ANY setting, I think training may be a good idea. Hehe.
            Firstly though, these netcode and graphics glitches need to be remedied. Because without smooth play, it's tough to coordinate much of anything - just like Falcon.

Comment

I'll pick up the game on Monday and suggest using the TvT element of the game for practice. This way we can move around maps without the threat of being shot at. This way we can host more than 4 players at a time.
              Jex.

Comment

Sounds good. Im hoping a few more Euros get interested else i can see some late nights ahead of me!

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

i hope i get my copy the next days. when youre done moving and on the net again we can set up some coop games!
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X