GRAW Guide Wep/Movement guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW Guide Wep/Movement guide

I just wanted to start of list of some thing I have learned from other members and from playing in single. Feel free to correct me and add new items.

The grenade launcher needs to be fired from the standing position; it wonít shoot correctly if you are in a crouch position.

SCAR-H usage. Like the BF2 spec ops gun you will probably want to use single shot for 90 percent of the time. The only time I use full auto is if Iím moving into an area that might have bad guys up close, itís my OMG bad guys reaction....spray and pray :)

The gun is very accurate and due to its bigger round(7.62) it drops the bad guys quick.

Magazine control. Ammo can become a big issue in this game, especially on tough(all) missions with no rearm points. Donít just reload your mag because itís not full, I usually wait until I get to 5 rounds or less before I slam in a new one.

Teamwork. Playing with the guys(Bhack,tybalt,Beatnik,bone..and others) we have found that splitting the 4 man squad into 2 groups works well.

Street movement is a huge part of this game. Two men can effectively move down a street, one on each side staggered. Itís important to always be aware to where the nearest cover is. You donít want to get caught out in the open when an armored car rolls up with a bunch of tangos. There is usually some sort of cover near buildings along the street, either under an overhang or behind a column.

Just some initial thoughts...

Re: GRAW Guide Wep/Movement guide

From the demo, at least, putting your rifle into singe shot mode is your best bet, since it only takes a shot (2 at most) to drop a guy. Ammo isn't a problem if you choose something that can be replenished by the bad guys' magazines; I think the SCAR-L and the XM8 work like that, at the very least. For other guns, don't forget that you can stock up on extra ammo in your backpack.

Comment

Next generation Grenades, now with strings attached to your wrist! Never loose an over-thrown grenade again! *Warning, may cause death*

I found that if you throw a grenade, make sure you have plenty of clearance for your right hand to actually throw the grenade. It seems that your right hand can't be obstructed at all. So when lobbing grenades, always ensure proper clearance for your right arm to make the throw. Also be wary of the bounce... those suckers bounce better than Super-balls.
      -

Comment

I prefer leaving the SCAR-H on full auto 98% of the time. I always pop two shots (hold down trigger for .2 seconds) into my foes - this nets fewer "knock downs" and the second shot deviates barely (if at all). If I am faced with a tough extreme range shot, I will knock it down to single and take him out.

Leaving it in full auto also lets me clear out the unexpected tangos that sneak up on me a bit easier.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

On the APC's that roll down the streets with the gunner on top. First thing you want todo is take out the gunner :)

Then hit it with a grenade launcher or two. You might notice that the back door flies open after a couple of hits. Once it does the tangos inside are exposed to your fire...and are sitting ducks. Just open up on them.

Comment

SCAR-L Vs SCAR-H

SCAR-L
            Pros:
            Bigger Mag size
            Can get more ammo off of dead tangos.
            Cons:
            5.56 is not as powerefull as 7.62, requires more hits to drop the bad guys

SCAR-H
            Pros:
            7.62 drops em good...uh huh
            Cons:
            20 Round Clip
            Cant reload off bad dudes mags.

Im still packing the -H :)

Comment

yea if youre goin snipe, its usually a good idea to choose a auto side arm, especially the mini x8 as you can reload off enemies. The MP5 is nice though since its alreadys ilenced and it can have a scope. Just make sure you save your snipe ammo for only the really important targets as you wont have much ammo for it.

Comment

True, if you haven’t played with the sniper rifle I suggest you give it a go for a game or two. Its tons of fun. Using the peek key and sniper rifle can be devastating for the enemy. They never know what hits them. Its got a range finder which is neat... I was thinking a sniper and a player with a GL could team up to see if the range ticks on the GL are accurate or not. It it is that could be a good fire team.

The round is of the .50 cal variety to you can penetrate material with it. Especially on the .50 static machine guns, you can punch right through the armor plate and hit the bad guy.

Comment

Well, you can shoot through the slit in the armor plates with any gun. And with a sniper rifle, you're accurate enough that it doesn't matter that you can shoot through the plates; you ought to be able to make that shot every time.

Comment

Note, you CAN glean 7.62 ammo as well as 9mm off of badguys if they're packing the right weapons. I noticed that in the later missions that I couldn't reload my scar L hardly EVER, and instead noticed more of an abundance of (dead) enemies' MP5SD's, and FN SCAR-H's.

Also to note, here's an interesting balance note with respect to accuracy penalties for foregrips and GL's:

SCAR-L:
                    *GL gives less of an accuracy ding than the foregrip

SCAR-H:
                    *Foregrip gives less of an accuracy ding than the GL

As to power of the shot, the MR-C takes about 3rnds to down a tango if you hit CM (center mass), as compared to the 1 or 2 it takes with the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO catridges.

Variance between the SCAR-L's and H's that's worth noting:
                    *Both can take down a target in a single shot, it's just that the -H variant does it more reliably

The new GL range ticks are EXTREMELY useful, btw. It's allowed me to make far better first shot grenade hits on APCs and tango locations than before. This is good b/c I usually have to go on faith that my grenade hit where I wanted it to, as when I usually use the GL I'm under heavy fire and can only pop out for a quick second to approximate my shot, and fire. Usually a miss with a rifle, but with the GL and the new ticks they've put in the game, it's more likely a hit now.

Btw, has ANYONE found smoke 'nades in the PC version? They speak of them in the x-box version but I've yet to see ANY available to me, and I've played through the single player campaign completely. Smoke 'nades at certain points would have been more valuable than another frag 'nade or extra 7.62 ammo when carrying the -H.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

nice first post. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse