Mission 2 - Spoiler and question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 2 - Spoiler and question?

Having played mission 2 a few days ago with 4 guys, we lost 2 due to the enemy firing GL's. Needless to say we didn't get even half way (so please do not tell me the outcome).

Now from the view that we moved tactically and covered our angles and checked high/low before being splatted - does anyone think this mission is even winnable first time round?

It seems to me the these GL bad guys get a kill each time and it seems a little unfair, especially when you're doing everything right.
    Jex.

Re: Mission 2 - Spoiler and question?

Yes, it's possible the first time around, but I would suggest slowing your pace down even if you think you're going slow. They hide everywhere, and you won't see half of them on the tac map. Even if it's not winnable the first time around, it is definitely doable. Keep at it and you'll be able to get it. If you need a 4th man, I'll run it with you ;)

Comment

Most definately not possible the first time. Wait till you get to the last part, it took me 20 tries on Easy and I'm pretty good at this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
        Most definately not possible the first time. Wait till you get to the last part, it took me 20 tries on Easy and I'm pretty good at this game.
        Kilrogg, kilrogg, Kilrogg, anything is possible the first time around......you just need all the moons to line up pefectly :D

Also, if you're working single player, the bots suck. Good Human players will make a world of difference ;)

Comment

I only managed to get through on my 3rd try, using the time-honoured tactic of "using the bots as meatshields while I run for cover".

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Is this "second mission" the one with the embassy? If so, ill say how i beat that, but i dont want to until i know i wont spoil anything.

Comment

I only had 2 ghosts left by the time I go to the embassy, which made it damn near impossible because they kept dying to the tanks regardless of where i positioned them. Basically I had to learn the enemy pattern and just shoot them way before they got to me. In coop it's easy yeah but the ghost AI is retarded for positioning/movement.

Comment

What i did was put 2 ghosts in the rubble at the front, each facing a different direction. I put the sniper on the rooftop, but a bit farther back so the tank wouldnt kill him. I stayed on the side, out of view of the tanks, and mowed down anything that came through the entrance. Any time a tank came in i would immediatly pop up and dispose of it. Plan worked like a treat and i never lost anyone. The most important part is positioning your guys. Make sure they are completely behind the rubble and debris so that the tanks are less likely to see them. Also, destroying the tanks as soon as they come into sight is best, because no matter where you position your guys, eventually the tank will kill them.

Comment

I did alot like Santa, but put everyone inside the building, and I stayed on the second story and covered the side entrance. Whenever a tank came I'd call the two guys on the bottom to move towards the side entrance while the tank was being destroyed. But it took probably 3 times, one time for each tank heh.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                    Yes, it's possible the first time around, but I would suggest slowing your pace down even if you think you're going slow. They hide everywhere, and you won't see half of them on the tac map. Even if it's not winnable the first time around, it is definitely doable. Keep at it and you'll be able to get it. If you need a 4th man, I'll run it with you ;)
                    The problem is Jex is a purist and won't use the tac map for scouting. :p

Jex, I've played that mission so many times that I know a better route to the second objective. If we're careful and use the tac map, we may be able to prevent this type of surprise fire in future missions. We just have to use the tac map to scout enemies and find less vulnerable routes.

Please remember to mark the parts in your post that are spoilers. Jex hasn't reached the end of the mission.

SPOILER

The building seems to be a death trap for me. I get splash damage from the tank and the enemies can spot me pretty easily. I wish they'd just take everybody in the BH along with the VP. It's not like the chopper was tight on space!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X