GR:AW Mini-Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR:AW Mini-Camp

There was a thread a while back about possibly setting up a mini camp to refresh/teach people on tactical movement, firing, etc... Is there still any interest in this? I noticed the other night in coop that we weren't covering eachothers angles, and took a nasty ambush from behind, killing our valiant SL. I think it's because we were advancing too quickly, but I'm sure we made other basic mistakes. It'd be nice to at least get a handful of knowledgeable people together on a locked Domination server to talk about tactics, movement, and things like that to bring people like me up to speed. I say on a Dom server because that way we still have a nice urban environment to work with, without having to worry about Tangos.

Also, now that there's a Domination map editor available someone could custom craft a mini-camp map. Just a thought...
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: GR:AW Mini-Camp

I agree, we were sucking the other night. I know I was definitely moving too fast for the tango rich environment we were in. We need slower movement and more comm work. I take responsibility for pushing the attack speed.

I'd be in on this minicamp.

Wait, the map editor can't be used to create coop maps? damnit!

Comment

Not to turn this into a rant fest, but another thing we could work on is better radio dicipline. Compared with playing OGR coop on Thursdays, we haven't adhered that well to the SOP's in my experience. Could be a whole topic on its own in a mini camp. Hell, we could just do some coop missions where everyone takes a fresh read of the SOP's right beforehand, then we try to implement them as best we can once we get in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
        Not to turn this into a rant fest, but another thing we could work on is better radio dicipline. Compared with playing OGR coop on Thursdays, we haven't adhered that well to the SOP's in my experience. Could be a whole topic on its own in a mini camp. Hell, we could just do some coop missions where everyone takes a fresh read of the SOP's right beforehand, then we try to implement them as best we can once we get in game.
        I think this would work better than the domination mode.

Comment

I am all for it if it will stop us from friendly fire.:icon_cool

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Just to clarify, I just thought it would be a good idea to use Dom maps to run drills on that we could apply in coop.

Also, after the 5th is the only option for me too. Right now, I'm just seeing if there's any interest by the people who know what they're talking about. :)

Comment

Hello Brooklyn here Im BACK !! I'm down with the coop thing for Ghost Recon 3 Monday nights and weekends r great for me ... Do u guys still use Team Speak ??? get back to me later guys !! [email protected] Does anyone Play FFXI ???

Comment

I'll be in on it as well.
                |TG-7th|The_Jackal

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn
                  Hello Brooklyn here Im BACK !! I'm down with the coop thing for Ghost Recon 3 Monday nights and weekends r great for me ... Do u guys still use Team Speak ??? get back to me later guys !! [email protected] Does anyone Play FFXI ???
                  Brooklyn, you old dog... What's up my friend? How the heck have you been?

On topic: Not at the moment. :)
                  I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I'm up for it too, but please do post when, and how can I join your TS, is it passworded?

Comment

I can help out, or even get some training done... but I'd appreciate a schedule beforehand or atleast an xfire message :D
                      -

Comment

yes, i'm avail mon, tues, thurs. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed