Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

    Has anyone managed to finish a beta mission... reach the extraction point?

    Man, I've been playing on our server (mostly alone with an occasional visitor or partner) most of the day... I am getting wasted hard... The enemy AI is godlike.

    Back for the weekend, then back to school Monday... so look for me on our server Sunday night. Maybe I, with the help of my brothers in arms, can actually finish a mission. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|


    We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.


  • #2
    Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

    Magnum! How 'bout one of your screenshot AARs? I'd be interested to hear your take on the OGR style of gameplay.
    [volun]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

      I almost finished it the day the beta came out. Our team got overrun just outside the extraction point. I will be on our server most of the day Sunday checking things out. Check T/S Graw beta test channel.


      18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

        oh H-hour... that would be very boring and very short... lol


        Here it is without screenshots... spawn in, turn left or right, take out a close tango or two, turn left or right again... never see the person or shot, you fall down and get kicked to menu. (because our server has death cam disabled, so you see the score till the rest of the team die.)

        or

        You see a tango, his back is to you, you go low, aim and fire, he spins around and BANG, you see the score board again.


        That sums up about 20 games I played today... 15 we're alone...lone wolfing it... the other 5 had 1 or 2 other beta testers in on the server, not in teamspeak... but you never had to wait long, because everyone I saw playing, never lasted more then 3 to 5 minutes in a game... dead... this is some seriously tough, "hardcore" enemy AI.


        Will it get better with TG members on teamspeak... sure...8 guns is always better, and teamspeak lets us communicate.

        I'm just expressing displeasure with such "hardcore" enemy AI... how does the game make them "hardcore"? How is it that I can not low crawl over a hill formation, using bushes for concealment, and rock formations for cover... see an enemy 200 to 300 virtual yards away... and not take them out... they almost immediately see me and fire.

        My opinion is still out in the open... I will see when I play more, and when I have teammates that can help me survive a little longer till then, I'll just hold my comments... right? me hold my comments. lol
        Magnum |TG-18th|


        We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

          Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          I'm just expressing displeasure with such "hardcore" enemy AI... how does the game make them "hardcore"? How is it that I can not low crawl over a hill formation, using bushes for concealment, and rock formations for cover... see an enemy 200 to 300 virtual yards away... and not take them out... they almost immediately see me and fire.
          LOL, sounds just like SWAT 4!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

            Magnum, you should let the developers know if you're not happy with the AI. I know on GR, the AI can be pretty hardcore when they're set to Elite, but they aren't impossible. I think for GRAW, they're probably still tweaking the reactions of the AI.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

              BHack and I completed got thru it but lost half the squad. (they were AI) And it gets harder... more intense from there.

              Patience is not only a key, it is necessary!!!
              |TG-Irr|Cadian
              Games: BF2, POE2, CoD2, GRAW

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

                Originally posted by Cadian View Post
                BHack and I completed got thru it but lost half the squad. (they were AI) And it gets harder... more intense from there.

                Patience is not only a key, it is necessary!!!
                You need to get through it on the TG server with everything cranked up to the most difficult settings possible. :)
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

                  Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Here it is without screenshots... spawn in, turn left or right, take out a close tango or two, turn left or right again... never see the person or shot, you fall down and get kicked to menu. (because our server has death cam disabled, so you see the score till the rest of the team die.)

                  or

                  You see a tango, his back is to you, you go low, aim and fire, he spins around and BANG, you see the score board again.

                  Happens to me alot. Playing solo sucks. Got to get more people in. I will be in T/S later today if anyone wants to give it a whirl TG style.


                  18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

                    Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                    You need to get through it on the TG server with everything cranked up to the most difficult settings possible. :)
                    And that is what I am looking for. The best tactical gameplay to be found. :D

                    On a side note: with my new teaching job, my apartment has no internet. Dial-up is possible but there is no phone line there. My gaming will be weekend based visiting GF or Family therefore sporatic. I will check in the forums and keep up on the news.

                    See you on the server when its ready...
                    Last edited by Cadian; 09-03-2006, 12:51 PM. Reason: grammer and spelling
                    |TG-Irr|Cadian
                    Games: BF2, POE2, CoD2, GRAW

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Holy Moly is it hard, hence "hardcore"...

                      Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
                      Playing solo sucks. Got to get more people in.
                      I believe a few members of Alpha squad and +SD may be in on the beta. We have relationships with these squads from the old GR days and they both play with voice comms. Why not pop over and invite them on for a game today?

                      Also, might be worth posting on www.ghostrecon.net in their GRAW section explaining TG's focus on teamplay and reliance on voice comms, and asking people to hop on for the day.
                      [volun]

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X