Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PR:ArmA Squad / Chain of Command Details?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR:ArmA Squad / Chain of Command Details?

What do we know about this? How's the CoC work in PR:ArmA? Squad-size? Is there a "commander" position ala Battlefield games?

Re: PR:ArmA Squad / Chain of Command Details?

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    What do we know about this? How's the CoC work in PR:ArmA? Squad-size? Is there a "commander" position ala Battlefield games?

I'm going to guess that there will be, squad size i'd like to see altered dependant on faction. Don't think much has been released about this aspect of the mod. Though hopefully we'll all find out by the end of the month!
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I think from what I have gathered, you can make your squad size as large as you want it to be. I think there making it a little like the Domination mission, where you join the game and then you can join whoever squad that you want. I also believe that there will be a commander position as well. I could have missed it somewhere but I think this information is not out yet, or I have just overlooked it.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

NDA! :)

What I can say is this:

Commander is in. He will be able to issue orders very much like in PR:BF2. He gets to talk to all the SL's on their own dedicated channel. Map markers and WP's etc will be INSTANTLY recognisable to anyone who has played PR: BF2, and are very natural.

Squads are very cool. You can chop and change on the fly, which is a nice feature compared to traditional ArmA. There are a minimum number of people needed in a squad to unlock certain kits, again just like currently exists in PR:BF2. That means no one can one man a HAT kit etc. Kits are also limited, making them very important. SL's can assign fireteams INSIDE a squad, a VERY uber feature. Squad numbers.......How many do you think you can handles as SL? ;)

Commo-Rose is in. A huge plus. See the links below:

hud_bcd_drills.jpg
        hud_cargo.jpg
        hud_medical.jpg

Medics are VERY important, and can take a bit of organising, so that will be a slight learning curve. However PR at TG has a huge tradition of very good medics so I look forward to seeing how they take to it.

Other features on control of your squad......wait and see. :)

What I can say is that it simplifies the keyboard config a lot, all you need is 3 main keys binded. I bound mine to my PR:BF2 keys, so T is my commo rose. Conformity is useful here in picking it up. But I am sure we will have some TGU courses, and more importantly some "Learn TG" squads come release........:D

Comment

Can squad-names be edited or is it just Alpha, Bravo, etc... (e.g. CAS, IED, etc.)

Comment

Well, in testing so far I have been running a "TG Go Fast" squad in the finest traditions of the 10th IHS here! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
              Well, in testing so far I have been running a "TG Go Fast" squad in the finest traditions of the 10th IHS here! ;)
              How does it play so far? Is the competitiveness of PR there?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I honestly wish I could show you, some of the gameplay has been truly amazing. Some of the firefights in testing have been as intense as PR BF2 so I am really looking forward to the release. It is definately recognisable as PR, and this is just 0.1, imagine what it will be like by 0.96!

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                  How does it play so far? Is the competitiveness of PR there?
                  It is very competitive. The firefights are down right slug fest, with both sides trying to gain fire superiority. Then throw in the large map size and the ability to do large, proper flanking maneuvers......hehehe.......its going to be damn epic when it is released...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X