Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to get started with PR:ArmA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to get started with PR:ArmA?

I got ArmA2 from that free promotion over the weekend. I'm downloading that now. What else do I need?

Re: What do I need to get started with PR:ArmA?

Bad news is I do not think that will work for PR. If others will correct me if im wrong, but I believe you will need Arma2, the full game; Arma2 OA....Both of those together will be considered Combined Operations. Or I think if you spend a little extra you can get both of them for the price of one....not sure though.

So again, Arma2 free will not work, you will need arma2 Combined Operations.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Sorry, it's not "ArmA2 free", it's the full retail version - which I got for free via this deal :)

Comment

you'll just need to get Operation Arrowhead, then you'll be ready to rock.
        AnimalMother
        Ex TG-31st LR
        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Figures, GMG (where I got ArmA2) doesn't sell OA... wonder what the chances are it'll work with OA if I buy it somewhere else?

Comment

Should work fine, might have to config registry or move directory files. The movement of the directory files is simple "combined" arms. Agin others with more knowledge can correct me.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Figures, GMG (where I got ArmA2) doesn't sell OA... wonder what the chances are it'll work with OA if I buy it somewhere else?
              Any distrubution of arma will work with any distribution of OA with a bit of tinkering. Personally I have A2 from D2D and OA on steam. I'd definately recommend jumping on the TG arma server as well to get used to the game. I did that for the first time a few weeks ago, and i've already got a much better grasp on the game.

Comment

Someone please tell me that PR:ArmA will ship with an installer (like the BF2 variety) instead of the SixUpdater madness currently used.

Please?

edit:
                Will PR:ArmA coexist with the current TG ArmA2 setup?

Comment

from what i've read yes the client will have an installer like PR:BF2 currently has.

judging by this sub-forum and the admin structure, it would seem PR:ARMA @TG and ARMA @TG are seperate entities. though i'm just making an educated guess
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                  sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                    judging by this sub-forum and the admin structure, it would seem PR:ARMA @TG and ARMA @TG are seperate entities. though i'm just making an educated guess
                    What I meant was the physical installation. Will it be relatively easy to switch between playing ArmA2 and PR:ArmA without a lot of file manipulation and such? (excuse the n00bness of the question, I am not up to snuff on how ArmA manages modifications)

Comment

There'll be a PR shortcut most likely that will keep it all seperate from the other mods you run.

Failing that, there's programs like ARMA Launcher (i'll find a link soon) which are easy to set up, where you can have different launch configurations.

so it short yes, they can co-exist and you can easily switch between the two
                      AnimalMother
                      Ex TG-31st LR
                      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

To confirm, PR:ArmA will have an installer and it will come with its own shortcut.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Yeah, as Socom said, it will be simple. PR gets a one hit installer and a simple shortcut. Easy.

@Ferluice, Whiskey knows how to play this game, I believe he was playing it long before even me! ;) But he will still suck!

@Whiskey:

Operation Arrowhead. Go get that, and it will become Combined Arms. That's all you need. There should be no fancy moving required as that version you downloaded is still just vanilla ArmA and you can set the install path yourself. As far as I know there should be zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                            As far as I know there should be zero issues.
                            60% of the time there will an issue every time though :p
                            AnimalMother
                            Ex TG-31st LR
                            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                              Yeah, as Socom said, it will be simple. PR gets a one hit installer and a simple shortcut. Easy.

@Ferluice, Whiskey knows how to play this game, I believe he was playing it long before even me! ;) But he will still suck!

@Whiskey:

Operation Arrowhead. Go get that, and it will become Combined Arms. That's all you need. There should be no fancy moving required as that version you downloaded is still just vanilla ArmA and you can set the install path yourself. As far as I know there should be zero issues.
                              Thanks!

Oh, and you're fired.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...