What do i really need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i really need?

i finally managed to get money to buy arma 2.. but what do i really need for arma 2 PR??
    Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Re: What do i really need?

You Need combined operations ( Arma 2 + the Operation Arrowhead expansion).

You can either buy them as the one package (Comibined ops) or seperately.

Comment

any recommendation to buy it from? all i know is steam
      Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

Steam has combined ops, and sells them separately as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/

Comment

After that, I would recommend a good joystick. Flight in ArmA is way different than in PR. I would also say you should look into track IR. It is singlehandedly the best piece of kit you can own/use with the arma engine.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            After that, I would recommend a good joystick. Flight in ArmA is way different than in PR. I would also say you should look into track IR. It is singlehandedly the best piece of kit you can own/use with the arma engine.
            ....And don't let anyone see you wear one. ;) Man those are expensive just for one game, guess it supports quite a few though, eh?

Comment

It supports loads of games. Some you don't even know about ;). For example, I was playing Dirt 2 to show it to a friend, he picked up my headset with the track ir mounted and the camera started moving with it. I was like ZOMG lol.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I had one (just to test it) - great tool!
                But than a friend came over and was talking it away from me - he likes it as well - I guess. :)

---------
                |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Go to www.sprocketidea.com.
                  But make it fast the summer deal will end very soon!

That is the best possible place to get them really cheap.

Also, you won't have to worry about Steams weird registry stuff and updates.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I would advise against buying the steam edition because it is harder to get mods to work for it. I would buy it from either Newegg.com ($27) or Sprocket idea (25$). Right now, Sprocket is holding a sale on all ArmA games, so I would buy from them.
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I just picked up an extra copy of Combined Arms for just $10.75. If I have to reinstall down the road I won't need the Steam or D2d versions I currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        Here is a free version that works with ARMA. http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm
                        Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                          I would advise against buying the steam edition because it is harder to get mods to work for it. I would buy it from either Newegg.com ($27) or Sprocket idea (25$). Right now, Sprocket is holding a sale on all ArmA games, so I would buy from them.
                          Not sure exactly how steam edition is harder to get mods to work for. I have had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

The only tricky thing with the Steam version is getting the baf/pmc content to install after you have purchased it. Many of us had to find & run the installer .exe manually then fart around with the expansions list of the main menu in game to get it to work.

This issue is not that significant until you add in the prospect of future updates & dlc releases. If you are not comfortable with messing with game files this should be a consideration for u.

Sent from my K car using Tapatalk
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X