Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you most looking forward to in PR Arma?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you most looking forward to in PR Arma?

So, on the eve (hopefully) of release what are you most looking forward to?

Re: What are you most looking forward to in PR Arma?

An all new PR experience.

Comment

What I am hoping for is a truly epic PR battle scene that is the pinnecal of the TG Primer and ethos. I would like it to have more of an emphasis on inter sqad cohesiveness and logistics. The Arma engine provides so much already, I feel that PR is going to be the glue that binds all of this together!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

For me it's the sheer scale of possibilities. The sights and sounds of battle, the fantastic game engine, the environments, the realistic ballistics etc.

I am also really looking forward to seeing and hearing the awe of the new players who have never really tried Arma in any shape or form. I have been dipping in and out of Arma for years but it's only really since OA that I have really explored the game engine. Every time I play I have moments where I simply sit there saying "Wow",

- bullets smashing into a low wall I am covering behind
        - a helo insert under fire in the middle of a brown out
        - seeing a medic pick a wounded man up and shoulder carry him out of harms way as tracer fire screams past him
        - crouching next to the RTO as he calls in air support, banging rounds out, hoping he hurries up
        - being deafened by the massive volume of fire going out from two fire teams and a heavy weapons group
        - clearing a compound and the game engine actually making my heart pound because it's so immersive, the weapons handling so much better than any 'game' out there

We tried to reenact this but Jeepo couldn't roller skate and I couldn't get into the Daisy Dukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
          I am also really looking forward to seeing and hearing the awe of the new players who have never really tried Arma in any shape or form.
          This would definitely describe me to a T. I played some of ArmA I in its single player campaign, but I have not played any of the TG mods or ArmAII (except the built in training course). I bought ArmA II when I first heard of the PR development. Ever since then, I've been waiting.

Comment

I am looking forward to sharing the Joy that ArmA has brought to many of us with those that have yet to experience it......and shooting Wicks...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just playing some TvT in ARMA. I don't follow the lingo, and I don't know how to read a map, I just want to kill people.

Comment

I too am looking forward to applying lead based solutions to most of my in game problems. More specifically -

- Launching a very long range 203 round into a window that Dredge is standing in, thinking he is safe, looking for me

Lol

Comment

Better graphics with PR playability.
                  Change to apply tactics in a more realistic way
                  Playing with you guys
                  TEAMWORK!

Sap

*** My plan is working perfectly, Wicks kills dredge or vice versa, either way World domination for Sap! ***

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                    I too am looking forward to applying lead based solutions to most of my in game problems. More specifically -

- Launching a very long range 203 round into a window that Dredge is standing in, thinking he is safe, looking for me

Lol

I bet Dredge will be standing there with his thumb in his mouth saying "ma....ma!....".

Comment

One complete MOD without a zillion addons changing daily and a radio system that installs completely on its own without manual registry editing would be nice.

Comment

Guns that shoot where I point them, instead of random deviation.

What is this about eve? Is the release soon?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

The 'release' should have technically already happened by now. No official statement of delay but its assumed that the quick and unhyped release of PR:vBF2 was to divert our attention from it.

To be on topic:

I want something that is more tactical and strategic than the current Battlefield 2 engine (Refractor?) affords. I was watching a few BattleRecorders and then a few TG ArmAII videos and the difference in teamwork/squad work is staggering. ArmA II in general looks fun but all these mods and add-ons seem like a huge bother to me.

I also know it wont be any time soon... but I really wish to see Conventional Factions duking it out...

Comment

the ability to break my squad into fireteams, and use realistic tactics much like ace

Also i believe that someone said that you can make it so fireteamleaders are easier to find such as set a color to them. So teammembers wont have to Clusterf*** looking for the fireteamleaders.

im so eeeeeeexciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also what Ankyle said about deviation.

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

The release of PR BF was hardly quick by anyone's standards lol and I very much doubt they 'rushed' it out to cover any perceived delay in getting PR Arma out.

As usual with these things I assume the Devs are merely polishing and tweaking things off the back of feedback from testers. This is good news in my book (tester here).

I am really excited for release, can't wait to hear the excitement of people who have never tried Arma before when they see what the engine is capable of. The sheer authenticity, the envirionments, the realism that forces realistic approaches and tactics, the fact that things 'make sense' and are less gamey. And the weapons and the balliatics, oh my science, the weapons and assets.

Basebuilding nuts, you will love it. Asset freaks, fill your printer with ink because you are going to be making postrrs out of the screenshots! A hardcore infantry addict, get your fireteams up, flanking and suppression never looked so good, never worked so well.

It is going to be epic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X