Concerns about gameplay in PR ARMA2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns about gameplay in PR ARMA2

I haven't been keeping up with a lot of the release information for the new mod so some of these questions might have already been answered. Please excuse any ignorance on my part if this is the case.

<b>Rant</b>

My experience with TG ARMA2:OA is that it is very complicated to install all the right tools not only run it, but also to keep it up to date and even sometimes manage what files you are or aren't using in game depending on the server. It is prone to debilitate my software with unexplainable errors that can take upwards to an hour to solve before I'm even able to join a game server. This is only compounded with the fact that the game mechanics are a steep wall compared to a typical shooter's learning curve. And finally, if not the mont important thing in my opinion is the ability to join a game already in progress. Most of the time when I join an ARMA 2:OA game, I will not be able to participate effectively because the mission is already underway. So while the game is very appealing to me, I have not been able to enjoy it like I would wish.

How will PR ARMA 2 tackle these issues?

Will it be as approachable as BF2:PR?

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Re: Concerns about gameplay in PR ARMA2

I asked the exact same question.

The powers that be say that it will ship with an installer just like the BF2 variety.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-arma...ml#post1635382

Comment

Yup, one single installer, all encompassing, no other mods. Simple.

Comment

As already mentioned, the DEV's are well aware of the shortfalls of a constantly updated mod with regard to usability and are endeavouring to bring a PR:BF2 style installer and update system to PR:A2. Join in progress should also be much easier, as the main reason that you cannot do this in other ArmA mods is the inability to join in communications or finding the location of the mission. This is not as much of a problem in PR for the simple reason that the game modes are clearly laid out and you should, similar to PR:BF2, be able to understand what is going on after minimal experience with the mod.

Comment

I just hope that the DEVS will not cut too much away from the movements. For example I read somewhere that there is no leaning, that is really really necessary when you do not want to get hit when looking around corners.

Comment

Where did you read that?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Not sure where you got that, but there IS leaning! ;)

Comment

Euuhhh somewhere on the forum here I think! Let me check.

Found it:.......I'm quite the moron you know......I was reading the thread of Wiskey (Was just reading my first-impressions of OFP: Dragon Rising ) and since it was in the Arma-PR section I automatically assumed it was about ArmaPR.
                I also did not read the other posts, so yeah, my bad.....

Sap *red face*

Comment

gotcha! :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed