PR:ARMA Tutorial Video Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] PR:ARMA Tutorial Video Thread

A one stop shop for PR:Arma Tutorial Videos.

Re: PR:ARMA Tutorial Video Thread

Sweet!

I loved everything except the Voice Communications. Its smart to keep it all in game, definately, but so many binds... I use a G-13 and it comes with at most 25 programmable buttons... I don't want a fifth going to voice comms...

After seeing these videos I really do see Project Reality coming of age with the ArmAII engine.
    No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

Comment

Players who usually play as a soldier only use two channels. Direct and Group, so they can stick with default keys. Players who wanna lead and have to traverse through many channels should have bindings to different channels. But those does not have to be all 5 keys. One for Group and one for Command channel. And have the default channel to be in Direct should be fine. So if configured correctly, all you would need is two extra bindings.

Oh, Wicks +Rep for collecting the videos and putting them together in one place. I watched 'em all. Exciting Stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
        Sweet!

I loved everything except the Voice Communications. Its smart to keep it all in game, definately, but so many binds... I use a G-13 and it comes with at most 25 programmable buttons... I don't want a fifth going to voice comms...

After seeing these videos I really do see Project Reality coming of age with the ArmAII engine.
        I would recommend you simply use the change channel key instead of having multiple keys set up, however for commonly used channels like group and direct it is more continent to have it on a separate key.

To clarify, you don't need to set a key for each channel, its exactly as it is in vanilla Arma 2.

Comment

im probably just going to have

Group
          Direct and
          Commander

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

Well at least we won't have to worry about an update like everyday unlike some mods, yes ACE I'm looking at you, I love you but it gets annoying :P.

Comment

Looks promising. Also looks like a beta...

Time to wallow in the suggestions forum!
              sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

stuff just got real
                Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

With regards to voip and radio channels.

Think of the change channel key as a radio dial with presets. You simply hit that a couple of times till you cycle to the appropriate channel and press your push to talk. Much like you would change frequency or channel on a normal radio. They are all tuned in and the channel is displayed on screen, its very easy and elegant.

Much like the rest of Arma its about preparedness in a way. Arma isn't slower at least not in the sense that its clunky, you are doing more, there are more options and "slow is smooth, smooth is fast'. You have more realistic and organised comms therefore it is important to use them correctly.

Same as CQB. Its not clunky in Arma, in fact once you adjust I personally think it is the best representation of CQB out there, by a mile, and I've shot a lot of computer dudes.

Arma is quick once you think realistically, once you think what would I do in real life instead of "ima jump round the corner on full auto and sprint away". No more pogoing machine gunners', but if the lmg has overwatch you don't wanna be running around in the open. Rounds go where your barrel is pointing, your barrelated will sway if you are fatigued but if you manage to line up the shot then you will hit your target.

I am excited about this, can't wait to listen to the new players trying Arma properly fir the first time, going to be such a good time.

Comment

whats the player cap for this mod? 64 players or is it the unlimited thing like in arma 2?
                    Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

Ill get back to you on that when I have clarified what the NDA covers.

Comment

Hmmm... Lessee.

TvT - check
                        Simple squad management system - check
                        ACE-like medical system - check
                        No constant updating - check
                        PR goodness - check

Bliss :)

Nice assemblage Wicks!
                        [S7]Hablos
                        Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

I still don't get Voip/Comms.

Do I have to change channels using keys and then hold the Transmit/talk button, or can I have individual keys that I can hold to talk much like BF2 + Mumble, I.E. (My Setting for BF2) [B] Key for Group Channel/VOIP, [N] for Command Channel, and [LCTRL] for Direct Channel. I'm sort of confused still.

Oh, and is it possible for them to make some very basic videos on combat? Preferable Equipping Weapons. I've also noticed that there in no "heading" on the bottom of the screen. . .

I R Scared of Change :S

Comment

I will try and post some Arma 2 videos showing combat over the weekend (for a laugh), just to highlight the differences between the Arma engine and other games.

Comment

Originally posted by ComedyInK View Post
                              I still don't get Voip/Comms.

Do I have to change channels using keys and then hold the Transmit/talk button, or can I have individual keys that I can hold to talk much like BF2 + Mumble, I.E. (My Setting for BF2) [B] Key for Group Channel/VOIP, [N] for Command Channel, and [LCTRL] for Direct Channel. I'm sort of confused still.

Oh, and is it possible for them to make some very basic videos on combat? Preferable Equipping Weapons. I've also noticed that there in no "heading" on the bottom of the screen. . .

I R Scared of Change :S
                              Hehe, don't worry buddy. We have several experienced beta testers at TG that will no doubt be very active at release helping people out. Not to mention the huge amount of helpful people at the TG Arma community. :)

To answer your question, in Arma you have several voice channels:
                              Direct (similar to mumble direct), group (think of it as squad chat), side (team chat), command (mumble SL channel), vehicle (speak to everyone in your current vehicle).
                              So those are the channels, as you can see many of them are comparable to PR:BF2. Now, you have two options on how you wish to use these channels:

1) Set up each channel with it's own push to talk keybind, similar to BF2.
                              2) Use the channel switch key to switch between the various channels and then have a single push to talk key.

It might sound complicated but once you start using it you'll get used to it soon enough.

With regard to your other questions, I would recommend trying to jump on the Arma alpha server before PR:A2 releases to familiarise yourself with Arma in general. Jump in TS and I'm sure there will be plenty of people around willing to help you out.

Also in Arma you have a specific key to open the compass, default is 'k'. You can then read the heading out just as you would in PR:BF2. :D

Keep the questions rolling people, if we are to have a smooth and successful launch we don't want anyone with any worries hanging over them.:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X