Purchasing hard copy of Combined Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing hard copy of Combined Ops

I've bought all my Arma 2 games through Steam.

"We advise against buying the steam edition because it causes issues with both mod installation and getting the game to run in combined operations mode."

Will I be able to keep Steam version to run Ace and have hard copy to run PR?

Re: Purchasing hard copy of Combined Ops

Its a pain but Lowspeed will save you.

Comment

FWIW;

I had MINIMAL issues with PR:ARMA using a complete Steam based Combined Operations install. The problems were largely my fault and a VERY easy guide can be created once they game is released to make sure your Steam based install is ready to go for PR:ARMA.

I'll get something put together and passed through Wicks once the game is released (and I have power restored at home).
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Its rather sad that you can't take your STEAM ArmAII keys and use them with a retail download. At least I haven't found that you can. I already own the darn game, it shouldn't matter what installation media I use after that. The keys should work.

Its funny how the winds of change blow. When I first purchased ArmAII (ArmA PR was first announced), I asked in the ArmA forum where I should get it. At that time everyone was of the consensus that the STEAM version was preferred.

Oh well. I will wait and see how much of a struggle it is before I lay out more money for another copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          Its a pain but Lowspeed will save you.
          LowSpeed may not need to.
          But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Draeh its usually just a matter of moving some files around, not too much of a hassle. Sure we can sort you out between us, you should have seen the mess I got my install into, mods everywhere, folders within folders. Still worked lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
              Draeh its usually just a matter of moving some files around, not too much of a hassle. Sure we can sort you out between us, you should have seen the mess I got my install into, mods everywhere, folders within folders. Still worked lol.
              Personally, I would avoid moving files. It's easier to slightly modify the method of launching the game to use the existing install locations. What I ended up doing with PR:ARMA was using a modification of the original modified launch script that I did for the TG Bravo server. I believe that script for PR is still on my desktop, so once I have power I can upload a copy of it for others to use too if they are having problems with the Steam version of ArmA2.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The Arma Admins are already prepared to help out with any Arma2 versions that you have. I have the Direct2Drive version of Arma2 and the Steam version of Arma2 operation arrowhead. Just a simple one on one with of the Admins had me running with Combined Arms shortly. I don't know if the PR-ARMA admins have been prepped for such tech help, but it would be good to get a team up to speed and ready for all the new recruits that will be falling of the buses to start their basic training.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X