Lock squad function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock squad function

I have figured out how to lock squads!!!!

When in the squad menu, select your name then press the arrow tab, then select locked squad. Note: you must have at least 4 people in your squad to lock the squad.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: Lock squad function

You should also name your squad as something to encourage people to ask to join I used VON Teamwork Squad and got lots of requests, in one game i had a full 13 man squad with in a few minutes and several good FT leaders who enjoyed the direction of a SL

the team players are there just have to encourage them!

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Super awesome, I was thinking last night I wished they'd implemented that. I had a 20 man squad at one point...pretty hard to get organized, even with fireteams.

Good find.

Comment

I'm not starting a debate, just making a quicky comment - I'd suggest we try to minimize locking squads, at least for now. Too many people, yes, definitely lock so you can operate effectively. 4 guys you want to pal around with? Let some others join up and learn the ways of TG! We can't teach in isolated locked squads. Again, play as you like, but i think it will be helpful to avoid locking whenever possible.
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Couldn't play without a locked squad TBH. We try to keep new people in our squad but when they don't listen and start doing there own thing its just too frustrating.

Comment

Agreed thats the thing I have found as well..and if you name it team work you get quite a few requests..and I try to say in side text chat every now and then that anyone wanting to perform as a squad with good team work can request access. also have had people see us working as a squad and just tag along so they get an invite.

in a game last night we had two full squads of 12 in one and 8 in another working together as two sqauds with one acting as an anvil with heavy weapons, heavy at, and snipers, and the other as a hammer with light weapons light at etc and we showed the other team how devastating good team work is

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

An excellent feature. However, particularly in the early days, as a few of you stated, lets try and keep the squads open and get people learning the TG way. That being said, I find about 10 people per squad is enough to handle.

Comment

yeh its nice to work in 8-10 person squads, split into 2 FTs
                Typically have the best games under that structure.

Comment

I locked a squad after it got to 20 players. Then someone joined?!? They say the squad as half locked.... What is that half locked?

Comment

I think it lets one more member join and then automatically locks the squad. I observed this with a four man squad that was down to three. I joined it and it went from half-locked to locked. Why this would happen with 20 players is puzzling though.

Comment

don't forget to mention the "tag player" function. fantastic for keeping track of your squadleader. :)
                      ---------------------------------
                      Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse
                      ---------------------------------

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed