Zargabad AAS 9/5/11 Approx 6 PM PST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Zargabad AAS 9/5/11 Approx 6 PM PST

I lead a rather large squad of about 12-15 people on opfor, FTLs were Jack and Bag... action report as follows:

Game start to 30 mins:
    I grabbed a Ural once we spawned and told everyone to grab whatever they wanted, medic, MG, LAT, Engi, anything and everything! We will sort out FTs later! My plan was to hold Villa before the UK could get there. I dropped about 12 guys and told them to hold it for as long as possible as I raced back to main to pick up the rest of my squad. The group holding villa got torn in half quickly with support from an APC.

30-60 mins:
    After going back to base again, I set a rally down near NW Crossroads and regrouped my team. In one large tactical blob on 16 people we stormed and captured NW crossroads. We now had a foot hold on one of their objectives while all of ours had been captured by the rest of our team. It was now I named jack and bag FTLs and split the team. I tasked Jack with holding NW crossroads while bag took his squad to capture suburb. It seemed like 30 seconds until Bag came in reporting they captured Suburb. I, by this point, was trying to set up FOBs because we really had none.

60-90 mins:
    I spent most of my time trying to help the logi squad set of FOBs around the map, while tasking my FTs to hold their respective points. They came under attack frequently, but managed to hold off any capture. Finally, an underpowered squad took care of Villa, and we now held the major portion of Zargabad. I regrouped my entire squad at NW roads in a final push for the final flag, to seal the swift win and victory. But, it never goes to plan right?

90mins to end:
    The UK found the apache. And they used it well. I sent one fire team to get eyes on the final compound. Unfortantly, that last compound was out by itself, and had no cover to get to it. Thermals + zero cover = pwnage. The apache dealt an annoying blow to the entire fire team. I called for AA support, but it took an agonizing 20 mins to finally get AA crates, and set up an Igla. Then we had trouble using it because it would no lock on. Finally, with locking on sorted, we knocked the apache out of the sky, and with help from the BMP, we managed to knock back any heavy support they had at the last flags. But my squad was horribly spread out by this point. I grabbed one fire team and did a suicide rush into the final flag in support of friendly units already in the area. With 20% left on the game winning flag, a jackal pulled up off loading personnel. And they were pissed. They started picking us off when the cap fell to 0%. All we needed was to touch the flag and we won! But it was out in the open. After doing a 180 and performing a Mozambique drill on a sneaky UK soldier with an FN FAL, i screamed for someone to touch the flag pole. I saw one guy just full sprint for it and managed to tag it.

Boom. Win. I would like to thank everyone who was in my squad that round for possibly the shortest full rounds on TG to date being just smudge over two hours. The previous round was 8 hours and 40 minutes. And I played both, so I went to bed. =)

Special thanks to Jack and Bag. You guys were awesome....

Re: Zargabad AAS 9/5/11 Approx 6 PM PST

Hah! This really shows what a coordinated team can do in this game.

Two other rounds I've seen today really knocked that home. We had a hugely coordinated Battle of Rasman that ended in an hour and half if not two! (UK) And then again on Rasman earlier as Taki. Coordination wasn't as high (lack of teamspeak/TG names) but it was definately there. Once the whole CP capture system is figured out we really know this game and can make opposing teams pay the price if they don't! I like how tight some of these games are becoming (though Attack & Defend isn't always tight....).

Comment

So, you have to touch the flag physically after bringing it down to 0% huh? That is something I had not idea about. Thanks to this AAR, I am enlightened.

Comment

You shouldn't have to. I've captured many a point without touching a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          You shouldn't have to. I've captured many a point without touching a flag.
          Once it hits 0%, someone must be within 5m of the flag. This is from the AAS system worked in previous AAS maps for vanilla arma 2. It isn't like BF2 where it just converts. This is to simulate taking off the flag and putting up your own.

Comment

I was in this squad on Alpha team. Thanks for the AAR. Nice to read about our exploits. :) Though you did leave out Alpha's first suicide BMP rush on the last objective after Bravo had gotten wiped out on overwatch. Alpha got raped by a combination of the Apache and the small defense left there. Somehow I escaped death and was left there alone trying to hold onto our newly gained and dearly paid for ground. Good times! :)

Good leadership too, guys. My best PR: Arma 2 experience to date. Need more squads like this, but it's always hit and miss with PR. Oh well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X