Organized PRAA event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized PRAA event?

Guys could you organize PR public event in a way like you usually organize TvT events.

So basically you have to sign for this event and than server be passworded for it and no JIP.
    So we decide who is going on which side before round starts and pick commander, squad leaders and squads before round starts they prepare some basic strategy and than round start.

This will promote better teamwork and will more show potential of this mod for the future play.
    This could also increase your experience same as some noobs who will in this case following their teammates.

Could be usual time Saturday for example. And you could promote such event on PR forum for example.

Re: Organized PRAA event?

I'm down, would be fun having some sort of organized team work.

Comment

If you want my 2 cents, i think we should wait a bit and let the dust settle down. As i can see on every servers, i dont think players are confortable enough with the game yet. Plus servers are still getting hacked once in a while. It will come eventually, and then its going to be awesome :D
      sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes. People know how this game works. On the day of release the SR5 Clan was taking names already!

If we do an organized TG signup IHS I'd love the administrators 100% more than the 500% I already do... I am a little cautious about the lack of a commander position right away though... but even without a dedicated commander we can still have an amazing TG showing! If its on the level of past BF2 IHSes we'd have about a Month of planning and learning too... and this would probably protect against the hacker as no one could join without being let on.

I'd just suggest no A & D maps and no Insurgency... Insurgency is broken and A&D would drag on for too long if the Defense is good enough. I'd love to see a Large A&S done but Medium is also fine and a good showing for 64 players as well. Heck Zargabad PR is also a decent choice even if the Blue Force rely too much on air assets.

Comment

I'd command blu or op on Iron Forge. :3 I love that map.

Comment

Originally posted by 1n7r3p1d View Post
            I'd command blu or op on Iron Forge. :3 I love that map.
            I'd suggest Op. Sysiphus instead if we're doing a large scale... cause I hate A & D. On Iron Forge the Blu-Force just is everywhere thanks to helicopters and too much terrain for 32 people to defend.

Comment

Wormeaton I already have an event in the planning stages with another community. Please raise things like this in the Contact an Admin forum first in future so we can plan and prevent clashes or mass hysteria lol. Once I have thrashed out the Dets with my opposite number in the other community I will post further. To whet the appetite, the purpose will be to provide solid leadership to everybody in the game, every squad. This leadership will be made up of very experienced ARMA/PR ARMA players.

Bear with me, this won't be your usual run of the mill scrim against another group. This will be as much a learning exercise and hopefully a demonstration of what is possible in this game.

More to follow.
              Last edited by Wicks; 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

And Ytman, stop using IHS as an abbreviation for In House Scrim lol. IHS is the abbreviation for In House Squad. Plus a lot of the scrims aren't in house. No making up your own abbreviations, I is confuse.

Comment

Edit, explanation received, thank you Ytman.
                  Last edited by Wicks; 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                    Yes. Yes. Yes. People know how this game works. On the day of release the SR5 Clan was taking names already!
                    I disagree lol. But whatever :)
                    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Sorry Wicks my attentions was good.

It was just question not request and hope you will got more clear picture for this event.

About A&D if we play it this will be good opportunity to play this mod as is suppose to play.

Last time I play Feruz Abad Resistance I notice on defending side only one HO and it was in Anar 1.2 km away from closest objective.
                      In this mod One side must attack and other defend and as defender I see all our defender just running around Anar town 1.2km SE from Feruz Abad and no single player in Fruz Abad to defend objective.

This is not mod guilt because people not defending what they should and what is marked on map as task.

Think about it next time, on closed testing we was having lot of fun on A&D when it is played as suppose to be played.

Comment

Worm np lol no apologies necessary, contact me any time about this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wormeaten View Post
                          Think about it next time, on closed testing we was having lot of fun on A&D when it is played as suppose to be played.
                          +1 wormy, A&D is a tricky one. It can be either spectacularly awesome or drag on for some time with nothing happening, I personally think it will be one of PR's best game-modes in time for the simple reason that it really requires teamwork to succeed. If the defence team work together they create a rock solid defence that is difficult to breach, if the attackers work together they become unstoppable.

What I would love to see is when BOTH teams work together and what would happen then. Wormy is right, in testing we had a lot of fun but that was with a low player count. I actually think that A&D would be the perfect game-mode for a scrim because of the inherent organisation involved in such an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatomik View Post
                            I disagree lol. But whatever :)
                            I disagree too but probably not the same reasons. Has anyone besides Jeepo and me read the hate mail in the PR forums that a pass worded server generates for TG? I added Jeepo because he seems to be the one who is left to answer them. In my opinion with only a few beta servers available pass wording isn't good for either PR or TG. But whatever...

Comment

I think if we make it well knon enough and tell people how to sign up it would be viewed as a good thing and for those 64 players who got in..think about the feedback on the PR forums about how awesome it was

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                              The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X