Community Pact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Pact

I just got done with one of the most frustrating sessions. We had people one manning assets, had people not wanting to coordinate with one another, and above all....lone wolfers that are just out to snipe and kill with any disregard to TEAM. So can we as a community and take the time to check to see where people are at on the map. If they are off by themselves ask where they are or who is in that grid, and then politely tell them to get with the team or be kicked, with hopes of not being banned by the admins. I have no patience for people who put themselves before team!

So I ask this of all of you who read this. Lets slow down a little bit. The more we rush the more we die and cannot help one another. yes speed is key, but at what cost. Lets try and help one another out and see what it is like to take an objective with more than one squad. Lets see if we can take an objective with support. Lets see if we can do these things together as a community and TEAM!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Community Pact

I agree with the idea behind what you said Jack, but you did point out one key reason we dont want to say things we're not supposed to:
    ...and then politely tell them to get with the team or be kicked, with hopes of not being banned by the admins.
    Remember guys, making admin-type threats to other players is something only the admin staff is allowed to do, lest you find yourself on the wrong end of the banhammer. Your best bet is to ask them (politely, as Jack pointed out) to please abide by the server rules and SOPs regarding teamwork, assets, etc. If they refuse, grab some screens, grab some video, record the player names and time of the incident and bring it to the admin staff's attention through the proper channels, whether that be discussing it privately in TS or making a thread in the Contact An Admin forum. We have the best admin staff that anyone could ask for and they bust their butts to give us nothing but the best. But if they're busy policing us for threatening people with kicks/bans/etc, then thats less attention they can put toward the real problem players.

Remember guys, this game has huge potential because its drawing not only tons of existing TG members and regulars in from both of it's parent titles, but as of right now, we're one of just a handful of servers running the game, so we're getting new people from all over. Lets make a concerted effort to show these people how TG does business.

Lets show them how to play games the right way, balancing teamwork, respect, fair play and a hell of a lot of fun. Teach them, lead them, point them to the forums, encourage them to get on teamspeak. These things all help. Keep in mind that at one point, YOU were not a member of TG and it was someone in some game that made you say "wow, this is somewhere I could really stick around for a while." Lets give that to each and every player we have on our PR:A server.

Comment

Had a group of about 4 guys say that they were incredibly impressed with how TG led squads function and how we take the time to organize and lead.

As far as threats I if asking them politely doesnt work, warn them that you will post a complaint with admins about their behavior. Its fair warning but remember to give plenty of opportunity to prove that they are not team players

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
        Lets see if we can do these things together as a community and TEAM!!!!
        i agree 100% - same rules as for pr:bf2 server pls
        ---------------------------------
        Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse
        ---------------------------------

Comment

I started to enforce a more strict policy of teamwork kicks last night. This will be the way of it going forward, as we want to grow the standard as much as you do. So let's try our best to make it happen!

Comment

Please be careful about 'threatening players (who may be new) with kicks, that is not the player's job, in addition it's quite hostile. If someone is breaking the rules use one of the various methods to report them. By all means offer advice in game and politely point out our rules but after that it is admin business.

I will have more on this topic later.
            Last edited by Wicks; 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I gave this one guy, Perdesen, many warnings over VoN.

He made no attempt at following the CoC and went to the extreme of single manning two APCs to get done what he thought needed to be done. After about 30 minutes of chances I flat out told him he's no longer welcomed in my squads unless he can prove that he's a team player.

Another player did get kicked for not following my orders and taking a tank, but supposedly he couldn't leave my squad and my attempts at kicking him from it didn't work either. Some people need to be fostered and cut some slack, others need to be cut enough slack till they hang themselves.

Comment

Your right, I did word that a little poorly about threats, and I had no right to put that in like I did, but I think people understand about teamwork and that was the part that I wanted to hit home. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I get the gist of what you are saying none the less Jack and agree that the playerbase can certainly help the Admin team. I would ask everyone to bear in mind the following when interacting with each other on the server:-

- It's a new game, it ain't Arma and it ain't PR:BF
                  - People are finding their feet
                  - Some people take longer than others
                  - Some people have different ideas about tactics, there is more than one way to skin a cat
                  - Take a breath, have a little patience, this is a beta, which also means that many other things are in the beta stage including how the Administration deals with certain things

Now if someone is clearly breaking rules, being rude or offensive or disrupting the gameplay experience of others I will gladly see to it that they are staked out in the sun. However, for the benefit of clarity and everyone reading, I do not want roving mobs of players with pitchforks and flaming torches looking to burn the 'non-teamwork as I see it Witch'. If that happens I will be forced out of my very comfortable Admin castle carrying my very large GO Hammer of +1 ass kicking, understood :icon12:.

There are going to be some changes this weekend that should help matters, trust me. The Admin team is listening and working away, at least they better be otherwise there is no excuse for me sitting here with a scotch with melted ice in it.

Comment

Wait what, we are listening? I was sitting with Scotch too.....back to the drawing board old bean!

Comment

One of the most useful tools would be the ability to see someone's name on the map. As a squad leader I can't tell you how many times so far I've had someone 500m away running toward the enemy from our rally when the rest of us are flanking and I've had to stop and use process of elimination and the left windows key to let someone know that I know who they are and to point out that they are not supporting their squad.

On that note how do we go about dealing with squad leaders who are not supporting the team? On eagle claw the other night we had one team at villa and one team at north suburb but the team (12 players no less) that was supposed to be attacking northwest crossroads decided to build and fortify a position a kilometer northwest of the objective and waited until the enemy had captured nw crossroads and the whole team was yelling at them to even begin moving on the objective. I tried to provide them with fast transport via IFV but their squad leader who has thusfar repeatedly exhibited a good nature but poor, angry and loud leadership only ordered three of his men into the Warrior while telling the rest of the squad to hang back and dig in BEHIND our frontline.

This held the progress of the team back. Once we lost the warrior running his three unsupported squad members in to the flag for the third time myself and my fellow crewman successfully secured the point from behind with nothing but crewman kits against an enemy mechanized squad and then his squad members just quit their squad (after their SL ragequit due to general condemnation by the whole team) and joined ours. We continued taking and securing points properly in coordination with the team but wound up losing by about 70 points which CERTAINLY would have been accounted for had we not spent more than half the match defending at north suburb and villa waiting for one squad to move in and secure the objective.

I'm a Fobbit myself but building a fob in a useless location a long way from an objective and then refusing to move in costs a team a lot in the long run. In my opinion it is as bad as attacking an uncapturable flag or a flag that is not in play. It serves no purpose and demonstrates a lack of intent to play the game as intended (for the win) and demoralizes squad members unecessarily when they become 'that squad' that everybody on the team is complaining about. I recommended to the squad leader in question that he join us on these forums and he expressed a strong disinclination for the TG community and said it was just a 'place where he played'. That said, punishment might not be warranted in this case either. I'm just saying we need some kind of objective standard or rule which deals with use of squads (which are assets unto themselves) to support friendly teams.

I mean last night, I dug in a squad at an FOB and moved on an objective a kilometer away. Once we got there, it was clear that it was no longer in play so we moved behind the enemy and eliminated no fewer than four enemy fortified positions (seven if you count the one the mortars got and the two we prevented from being built) and helped our friendlies recapture the point they were bogged down at. Over the course of an hour or two we turned a certain defeat (tank parked at our last flag) to a heroic victory by supporting friendly units and coordinating with other squad leaders and logistics to get the job done right.

Comment

@1n7r3p1d - Was there a CO during the round that involved the SL that was being recalcitrant ? Your experience shouldn't have happened if so. When SL 's work together and no CO is present, it can lead to a great round in PR. When the SL's can't cooperate a CO can be of great benefit and sort that out real quick.

|

Comment

I haven't seen a round with a commander yet. I'd do it myself but not being a respected community veteran I have the feeling that my orders wouldn't mean as much as if they were coming from some of the more senior community members. Besides, a squad leader shouldn't have to quit squad leading to command just to get everything to work alright.

But yes, we could use more commanders in general.

Comment

Guys be patient further enhancement of PR will go in that direction.

for example Commander module to be able for better coordination of Squads, keeping general strategy and what you need for this issue every player will have name on the map not just marker so you will be able to directly address to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1n7r3p1d View Post
                              I haven't seen a round with a commander yet. I'd do it myself but not being a respected community veteran I have the feeling that my orders wouldn't mean as much as if they were coming from some of the more senior community members. Besides, a squad leader shouldn't have to quit squad leading to command just to get everything to work alright.

But yes, we could use more commanders in general.
                              If you were CO your orders have to be followed, if they are not then that person is breaking the rules at TG and needs to fall in line or speak to an admin. I totally agree we need more CO's and those who step up will get the full support they deserve.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X