TacticalGamer's PR:ARMA is switching to one server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] TacticalGamer's PR:ARMA is switching to one server

As of 20:00 hours GMT TG will be switching to one server for PR:ARMA, with a higher player count.

Currently we operate 2 servers, these have been run in various configurations, mostly these have sat at 64 players each.

However, in a bid to focus our efforts in improving gameplay we will now operate one server with an increased player count. Our aim is to achieve a stable server of 90 players.

The switch to a single server will hopefully allow the Admin team to focus more on the game and gameplay, rather than simply acting as gatekeepers, allowing people onto the servers. In turn this should streamline the whole experience and lead to significant improvements and allow us to fully explore the possibilities of this great game and ensure we are doing things the TG way.

At this stage, much like everything in the beta, the Server configuration is an experiment. We are testing various setups and approaches and monitoring feedback. That process continues. The Admin team welcomes constructive feedback so that we have as much information as possible to plan for the future.

Thank you for your time, see you on the battlefields.

Wicks
    Last edited by Wicks; 09-09-2011, 04:03 PM.

Re: TacticalGamer's PR:ARMA is switching to one server

awesome 45 players on each team..Like OMG!!!! ^^ No way!
    Last edited by Charles Darwin; 09-09-2011, 04:31 PM.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Yeahhhhh. That's great news!

Comment

Well, just came off the server after 4 hours with 90 players. Pretty amazing.

Good stuff Wicks....and well done for swift admin hammer of justice - racism cant be tolerated, and anyone who cant understand that needs a clip round the ear too...

Comment

UPDATE

Server is now currently set at 80 players max as a further test as we look at performance.

Comment

That is so cool, will get some hours today (Sunday) on the server!

Comment

While I am glad to hear that you all are trying to get the performance side of things situated. I am disapointed that now living in Alaska I have 1 server to try and get on, which is a headache in itself. Not to mention that a good portion of players on the TG server are from overseas.

Suggestion for testing performance and stability of the server, you all may want to try setting the High Ping Kicker to something like 150-175. In order to limit connections outside of the US. Extremely high pings are not going to make it easier to ensure stable performance on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadWalking View Post
                While I am glad to hear that you all are trying to get the performance side of things situated. I am disapointed that now living in Alaska I have 1 server to try and get on, which is a headache in itself. Not to mention that a good portion of players on the TG server are from overseas.

Suggestion for testing performance and stability of the server, you all may want to try setting the High Ping Kicker to something like 150-175. In order to limit connections outside of the US. Extremely high pings are not going to make it easier to ensure stable performance on the server.

Thereby allowing me to never play from Australia. I consistently have around 200 ping.
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former ARMA TGU instructor
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob
                Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by DeadWalking View Post

It is unfortunate that US players have only got one server to play on, that is the main reason why we wanted to up the slot limit on the remaining server to compensate for this. Unfortunately due to the international nature of Tactical Gamer a ping kick is very undesirable as it would remove a large amount of our player-base.

As Wicks said we are still experimenting with server configurations and nothing is set in stone at this point.

Comment

Maybe you could increase the number of Admins too, or have each Admin get 2 deputies, who can kick and permban for blatantly obvious asshattery.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X