Please translate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please translate

PR is ground breaking. Something that trips me out is the language barrier. I understand that we speak American, proper English (Euros), some Crocodile Dundee's, maybe people in Antarctica, not to mention those that live in south. I think we need to develop an international sign language (use hand signals). If someone could create a translator MOD - it would be genius. I meant this post in the lightest and was aiming for comedy.
    Last edited by AxiomGreen; 09-10-2011, 02:24 AM.

Originally posted by AxiomGreen View Post
    PR is ground breaking. Something that trips me out is the language barrier. I understand that we speak American, proper English (Euros), some Crocodile Dundee's, maybe people in Antarctica, not to mention those that live in south. I think we need to develop an international sign language (use hand signals). If someone could create a translator MOD - it would be genius. I meant this post in the lightest and was aiming for comedy.
    I love getting that really long pause on TS when you YANKS have no idea what I just said. Cracks me up.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Please translate

I've started bringing this dude along with me....

Comment

Interestingly enough, TG seems to be amassing a fair amount of Chinese players.

Comment

The truly international component of the game is one of my favorite aspects of PR. I bet most of us would have a hard time naming all of the countries of origin for all of the individuals we play with everyday, and yet we all speak the same language out on the battlefield. TG should adopt the brand, "Tactical Gamer International".

I wish that I could speak all of these languages, but I sure could use a protocol droid to get me by until I can.

Comment

A lot of spanish players too. They work together very well. The thing is we now hear what a squad is talking about through direct. So we can hear every kind of language it seems. Just the other day I heard a guy speaking Japanese to his leader.

Comment

I find the folks from the UK are the most difficult to understand if there are more than 2 of them in a squad.
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Guessing mine and Jeepo's elocution lessons haven't borne fruit yet lol.

Comment

I guess I will be the only negative nancy here...

I personally am becoming annoyed at having squads on the team that I can not effectively/or not at all communicate with. I find it a hinderance to the gameplay/mission. I do feel bad for them though since they are a fraction of a fraction of people who play PR Arma2...so who else can they play with? Part of me says "isn't this an ENGLISH server?!" but another part of me says "Don't be such a douche." Ah, the duality of man.
                  Murderous

Comment

What i usually do is ask that group if anyone speaks english and if they do ask them to translate any messages for their team aSAP and to translate into english any messages for other sqad

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

In a few weeks all the other servers for the other languages will be running full tilt and unless it's prime time out of their timezone we shouldn't see too many non ENG players since believe it or not, they think we are non communicative and retarded too. :(

Comment

I had hoped to keep this under wraps until later, however in view of the dire operational need I am prepared to unveil the hi tech tech linguistics course I am preparing for all our Multi-National Task Force.

The following is an instructional videos for the purpose of familiarising oneself with the various regional dialects of the United Kingdom.

Southern England, specifically the Greater London area.

Comment

That was hilarious wicks.

(And no, I'm not mugging you off.) :-D
                          Murderous

Comment

Phase two - Upper/RulingClass: Generally expensively educated, often descendant of landed gentry, prone to ruminating on the Empire's glory days and adventures in many of it's distant corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              Guessing mine and Jeepo's elocution lessons haven't borne fruit yet lol.
                              i can understand you but most of the time you speak crazy fast lol
                              Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...