The guilt and the shame!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guilt and the shame!

So in a game last night, whilst coming under heavy fire in the market, I was taken by surprise at CQ and reacted quickly. Three rounds let off. Only afterwards did the grim realization hit me. My first TK. And whats worse, my SL.

The instant feeling of guilt and shame was like nothing Ive experienced since pinching a pack of sweets from a shop when I was 9 years old.

So very very sorry Sector. We were up against it in that game though. Too many folks not wanting to follow orders.

Fortunately, after the server changes I had a chance to redeem myself somewhat and played an epic game in a squad with Axis, Ferris, Wicks, dunehunter, garry, and a number of others where, as a medic they could have called me mother theresa since I was healing people so often!

Looking forward to games later!

Re: The guilt and the shame!

I share your shame Subsy.

Advancing on a hill where enemies are swarming after debussing from their vehicle I take fire. Squinting into the setting sun I spot my opponent laying prone on the roof. I take a knee, my heart pounding in my throat, carefully take aim and put 3 aimed shots in his head, the friendly taking refuge on that roof does not appreciate it. I am cut down by the enemy I should have been looking at, stood at the foot of the same building. I remorsefully type in my apology and respawn quietly.

Comment

LOL

Anyone else with TK confessions to get off their chest?

Comment

This thread will be awesome..... :D Officially the 'Accidental TK AAR' thread!
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Subsy View Post
          LOL

Anyone else with TK confessions to get off their chest?
          hahaha :)

I think we all have our deamons here ... ;)
          sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdSin View Post
            This thread will be awesome..... :D Officially the 'Accidental TK AAR' thread!
            Agreed, one condition, each post should begin with "I share your shame". Think of it as a mantra and step one in the healing process.

Comment

That split second heart in throat moment where you are looking down the barrel of someone looking down their barrel at you...friend or foe....Im in green, he's in green....what's on the head? helmet or cap?....I'm thinking too much, just shoot, no don't...do I have time to check the map? LOL

Yes, coun't me in the Oops Club.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                Agreed, one condition, each post should begin with "I share your shame". Think of it as a mantra and step one in the healing process.

Comment

Last night in Sectors squad of defense of east hill...I accidentally shot a Metis missle at our patrol squad...good thing I can't shoot :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I share your shame. I dropped the ball (quite literally) amidst a group of friendlies last night on battle for Rasman. Most of our squad (Jack Bauer included) had rallied on the eastern side of the hill east of Rasman. Myself, a medic and a rifleman were on the west when I realized one of my other squad members had followed me from the compound we were sheltering in only to turn the wrong way and get mowed down by a BMP. No harm no foul, I went back to pick him up. When I got to him, I did a fireman carry back up the hill toward friendly units. We arrived at a little house and realizing our squad medic was actually still with me, agreed that it was a good place to patch up our wounded. I put the wounded guy down and turned around. An errant bullet zipped past our position and I reflexively right clicked to zoom in with my weapon. No good, my weapon was lowered for some reason after carrying him. I left clicked to raise my weapon, standing tall and protectively over my squadmembers as they huddled around our wounded man. As my arm moved forward I realized to my horror that I was in the process of hurling a grenade. It soared an epic meter and landed square in the midst of the group of friendlies. I got out a panicked "God ***t ***k ***t Grenade! ...***k." before it detonated, sending us all to meet our maker.

In closing: PR:ARMA2 needs a dialogue 'confirm pull pin?'

Comment

^^ Thats a good one intrepid! I must admit Ive done that myself, though fortunately the only person I hurt was myself as the grenade bounced off the wall I was stood next to. I was able to run sufficient distance for it not to kill me but still
                      Last edited by Subsy; 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I've been following the thread yrkidding and havent seen a post from you. Do you have a confession to make?

Comment

I thought* I did one earlier, is it just me or did my other post get deleted as well?

Comment

now thats weird: you definitely had a post between my two above....

Comment

Yeah you definitely posted in this thread from what I saw. Wierd.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X