Events of 9-12-2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Events of 9-12-2011

Playing the Zargabad insurgency map as the insurgents we had succesfully defended all caches against the blu for for about half an hour and suddenly they stopped attacking..we all moved north and reconed their base..they were all just sitting around in base so we continued to watch for several minutes after a short while their merlin flew straight up into the air and someone in our squad realised they were halo droping in to try and get behind us..so we pulled back into the city and prepared to set up defences.

I was in an spg-9 pick up that was quikcly taken out by a warrior..though i escaped before being killed. After being killed me and the driver began moving towards the warriors which the now paradropping infantry were using for covering fire. We spread out to avoid being spotted at the same time. it worked..they spotted me and i popped smoke to the west and ran east hoping the smoke would draw fire away from me..it did and i was able to slip away behind the hill the warriors were using for deflade protection. I moved around the north of the warriors but when i arrived at their location they had gone..my squad was able to provide the location of one of the warriors which was continuing to give fire to the enemy infantry. I am unsure when during this time but my driver was killed i think during the movement up to the warriors previous location but i am not sure.

I moved to the updated position and found it to be wrong as well, but found myself once again infront of the warrior..but they did not see me, so again i ran around the bottom of the hill the warrior was on and came around behind it..i put three RPG rounds into the rear with no effect..the warrior poppped smoke and moved back behind the hill unaware that the fire had come from behind it, i ran as close to the warrior as i could knowing as long i stayed beside it the driver nor gunner would be able to see me..it was at this point i spotted an FOB and mortar pit to the south of the warrior only about 30 meters..i ran up to the mortar pit and killed the enemy man manning the mortars..i then the enemy tow missle launcher to take out the warrior I used the armament screen to place 4 satchels on the enemy FOB and grabbed two 2 stage rpgs...I ran west and blew the FOB planning to rejoin with my squad in the city

as soon as i crested this hill however i ran into yet another FOB...and from here I decided i had to record my actions

I know lonewolfing isnt something to be proud of..but taking down two FOBs and two warriors single handedly in less than 8 minutes isnt bad :D

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Events of 9-12-2011

I was in this squad, watching and sniping with a scavenged blufor kit in the minaret. Kind of strange hearing my own voice over the radio.

I could see your progress, and definitely saw the fb blow. Thought your comment about the FOB being almost too well designed to blow up was pretty funny. Lonewolf or not, that is quite a feat.

From my end, I was just picking off infantry as they approached the city and covering our boys as they approached the building that enemy infantry were trying to secure. I lasted a while up there, taking take cover unless I had a clear visual on enemy troops as not to give my position away. As you can hear towards the end, I "fell out" of the minaret while taking cover from small arms. I eventually found out that the actual reason I fell was because it was blown the f*** up.

Comment

I had to leave when the vide ended..so what ended up happening for the rest of the match?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Server crashed and restarted. We never lost a cache and the round would have went on for another hour or two... so yaaay! After that round was the Large A&D map and after that was the single best display of speed an agility ever in PR:ArmA. A Large A&S map ended in less than an hour.

Comment

Speed and agility can be devastating if used correctly in this, just like BF2 PR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X