No announcement yet.

Tactical Gamer VS. OD-S BF2-PR Scrim

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Tactical Gamer VS. OD-S BF2-PR Scrim

Hey all. Im just posting in the ARMA forums about this as I'm hoping we get a really good team together and I know theres many Ex- BF2PR players who now play ARMA PR who may not be aware of this coming event. And hopefully some of you BF2PR Vets sign up!

Heres the link to the signup forum SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN!

Re: Tactical Gamer VS. OD-S BF2-PR Scrim

awe man got me ALL EXCITED about a PR Scrim!!!
    Shame on you!!!! doing that to me :(

edit pr:arma scrim lol

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Per request here is a copy of the sign up thread for the upcoming PR:BF scrim.

Tactical Gamer vs. Operational Detachment Sierra
      Fools road 64
      2011 October 8th

Tactical Gamer will be playing the British.

We will need 32 players plus some reserves.

1900 UTC Meet in Mumble for roll call in our assigned channel. Commanders will do a roll call and report the number of players present for duty to the scrim manager.

1930 UTC Final Planning

The organizers will give the password out to the teams VERBALLY on the day of the scrim, just before we start. Don't pass on the password without your commander's order. It may very well ruin a months worth of planning if you leak the password on game day.

2000 UTC Start of play (we hope). Once commanders are ready, we will start. Warning to all - this may take up to an hour, depending on the "needs" of the commanders.

Tactical Gamer PR:BF2 server. Meet up in Mumble first.

We are using our rules.

If this scrimmage is approved by Ribbons, a TG external scrim ribbon will be awarded for this scrim based on commander's roster submitted to the scrim manager after the scrim.

Commander Roles:

Pre-Scrim: Commander will organize squads, assign assets and develop battle plans for the team.
      In-Scrim: Commander will command squads and lead
      Post-Scrim: Commander will make sure team rosters are squared away and ribbon nominations match the in game team

Commander, you will have to work out a way to communicate pre-game instructions and orders to the teams - that is on you.
      We will use Tactical Gamer private forums for planning, expect a private message with more information soon.

To command a scrim is a responsibility to the community, your fellow players and to TG. It is a big job that will take 2 weeks of your spare time to do correctly. If you want to command and work with me on this scrim, send me a PM.

What is the point??

An external scrimmage is an event we can all play in. Regardless of the outcome, scrims are a blast, and external scrims are what we all look forward to most. This is our chance to show how good we are. We think TG/PR is the best and now we can show it.

Our ultimate goal is to field a 32 player team and defeat the OD-S Clan.

Who can participate?
      This event is open to all players who visit our forums.
      • Players will be signed up on a first-come first-served basis.
      • Supporting Members get precedence in the order they sign up, then Non-Supporting Members afterwards. Your SM status at the time of sign-up determines which list you will be on. Once you post, you cannot become a SM later to work your way up the list.
      • You can pull out, but if you reconfirm, you will find yourself at the bottom of the roster.
      • You may not hand over your spot to another specific player. Your spot will be given to the next available player.
      • Become a supporting member before you respond!

How do I sign up?

Players who no-show without notice for a scrim will be precluded from participating in the following scrim. Don't let your team mates down! Only sign up if you intend to play the whole scrim and you must provide at least 24 hours if you need to withdraw.

To sign-up for this event, please quote and provide the following information:

In-game Name
      In-house Squad Affiliation (unaffiliated if none)
      Leadership abilities and kit specialties including vehicles (include special Squad leader Abilities (Armor, APC, Spec Ops)
      Kit / Role preference (in order of preference)
      Do you wish to CO? If so, PM me.

When can I sign up?

Time zones confuse me!

UTC is the same as GMT. It is also PRT, Project Reality Time.
      The clock in the top right corner of the PR forum always shows PRT.
      You can also use thes websites to figure out the time differences:
      Time Zone Converter
      Time and Date

This list will be updated as new responses come in. Supporting members are listed in bold.

|TGXV| GoreZiad
      |TGXV| Kwalc297
      |TGXV| Majorissuez99
      |?| Disco
      lTGl Amaze_jake1
      |TGXV| Bullseye2550
      ]L[ yrkidding
      |TGXV| Bufl4x
      TG-Irr sushi-sacha111

• In game name: Intrepid
        • In house squad: Unaffiliated
        • Roles: Squad Lead, Armour, Infantry, Logistics, Reconnaissance
        • Kits: Officer/Automatic Rifleman/Medic/Grenadier
        • Do you wish to CO: No
        • Timezone: EST -5:00GMT

Originally posted by 1n7r3p1d View Post
          • In game name: Intrepid
          • In house squad: Unaffiliated
          • Roles: Squad Lead, Armour, Infantry, Logistics, Reconnaissance
          • Kits: Officer/Automatic Rifleman/Medic/Grenadier
          • Do you wish to CO: No
          • Timezone: EST -5:00GMT
          You have to sign up in the sign up thread

See I didn't see a link to the signup thread in Wick's post. Additionally it said:

When can I sign up?

But my bad. Like any highly skilled close reader I just skipped over the text and went straight for the part with the pictures. ;)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed