Mortar Questions : Calculator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortar Questions : Calculator

I can't see the entire number for the range on the calc unless I'm in the backseat, is there a way to open the calc window ?
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Re: Mortar Questions : Calculator

Why cant you see it entirely? too long? (it doesnt fit your monitor?) If its the case you can select HUD size in your video options, that should make text smaller.
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

HUD size makes perfect sense ...i can see the tops of the numbers so it's close.
      Thank You

Comment

Speaking of mortars though, how does it work? I tried to look out on the internet, didn't find anything. Also, how do you resupply the the mortars ammo box?

Thank you!

Comment

Adjusting the HUD didn't bring the range figures into view, I just look at the tops of the numbers and guesstimate.
          You can reload mortars from ammo crates that come in the mortar box and / or use the ammo truck to reload them using the "maintainence" menu

Comment

I played around with this for the first time last night. It appears you have to be a combat engineer. You set up the mortar (in my opfor case a Podnos) from a mortar box. Also take the mortar ammo box out of the mortar box and put it near the mortar.

Get in as gunner from the action menu. Then go to map & click on a target location within your range (which is indicated to be between the two blue circles around your mortar position. When you click on the map you will see the computations for the target show up in the side chat. Remember these numbers for your bearing & distance. In the upper left window adjust your bearing & angle to line up with the numbers indicated in the side chat and there you go.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
              I played around with this for the first time last night. It appears you have to be a combat engineer. You set up the mortar (in my opfor case a Podnos) from a mortar box. Also take the mortar ammo box out of the mortar box and put it near the mortar.

Get in as gunner from the action menu. Then go to map & click on a target location within your range (which is indicated to be between the two blue circles around your mortar position. When you click on the map you will see the computations for the target show up in the side chat. Remember these numbers for your bearing & distance. In the upper left window adjust your bearing & angle to line up with the numbers indicated in the side chat and there you go.
              No need to remember the numbers displayed in side chat.
              The calculations gained off the map are displayed in the mortar calculator on the top left of the screen after you select a target. You just need to move the mortar to those bearings/azimuth. Took me a while to notice that as well. I was writing it down everytime off side chat. :D
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                No need to remember the numbers displayed in side chat.
                The calculations gained off the map are displayed in the mortar calculator on the top left of the screen after you select a target. You just need to move the mortar to those bearings/azimuth. Took me a while to notice that as well. I was writing it down everytime off side chat. :D
                It is also displayed on the map if you zoom out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse