Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, Staring at debvriefing screen and cant play..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, Staring at debvriefing screen and cant play..

Hi guys, Ive always wanted to get into the project reality world. Just got the new comp,, but whenever I try to join the server, I end up staring at the debriefing screen with no way to enter into the map. IS there an installation prob or is this supposed to happen? Thanks, looking forward to gaming with yall

Re: Please help, Staring at debvriefing screen and cant play..

Are you using OA/ARMA2 retail, steam or a combination of both?

Comment

im using the OA from steam, but the retail Arma 2.. Should I combine them in the same folder somehow?

Comment

ahhh well first you need to install retail arma 2 then patch FULLY retail arma 2 then you need to install steam version then steam autopatches then launch steam with 'combined arms' launch option.

AFAIK you should be good to go after that.

Comment

hmm seems i am not able to activate my retail through steam.. but It does still allow me to play combined arms.. Kind of stuck here..

Comment

jc,

I know you have tried everything. This thread I am about to post is tailored to more complicated settings.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...perations.html

I would like to point out several things that you might want to get out of the above thread... I would like you to concentrate on Alpha server configuration part. There is a mention of Arma 2 lanucher program which is a tool to help people in your situation.

Since you have two title from different sources, the procedure becomes a little more complicated. I would like to make sure you run your programs in a certain order.

1. Operation Arrowhead... This will ensure the registry changes will use Arrowhead's CD key as default.
            2. Restart Steam.
            3. Run Arma 2 once. This will ensure Arma 2's registry to be written as needed.
            4. Use the Arma Launcher as described in the guide to launch Combined Operations once. Again registries will be written.

Now once all the registries are written I am hoping you could launch. But if not there is a thread I would like to point you to...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-arma...your-cpus.html

This is a highly technical instruction.

.................................................. ......

So the last and sure way for your OA to recognize your Arma 2 is to copy the contents of your Arma2 installation folder to your OA installation folder. Make sure to back up your original files so in case something goes wrong you can bring things back to its previous state. Copying the Arma 2's patched files into OA's folder will ensure that Arma2's contents to be loaded when OA is launched... Again, if you choose this solution you do not need to launch Combined Operations, but Operations arrowhead only.

Well, let us know what happens and what worked. If nothing worked let us know your patching progress, launching methods and all that. We have many experienced players who have fiddled with ARMA's programming since Arma1... Somebody will figure things out.

Comment

I use both OA Steam and ARMA 2 Retail. Hit me up on TS if you need help.

Comment

Thanks guys I think it is working now! I reinstalled retail Arma 2 and updated it to the latest patches.

Comment

I had this problem and fixed it by moving my baf folder out of my arma install folder. Of course now I have low res baf textures, but tbh that's preferable to reinstalling. I don't think I'm brave enough to stare at an englishman in HD ;D

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X