This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning of the end?

Well, it's a Tuesday evening (EST) and I see 7 people online playing PR:Arma2...ANYWHERE. Kinda scary to see. It's a damn shame everybody stayed on the PRBF2 side of the house
    Murderous

Re: Beginning of the end?

Stayed on the PRBF2 side of the house? That server's been virtually deserted for a week now.

Comment

I had a very bad feeling a week ago pertaining to both PR:BF2 and PR:ArmA. It hasn't got any better since then.
      sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

FPS's in general have been down because of BF3, when the beta is over things will go back to normal for a week or two until it releases. Then deserted again for who knows how long? And then another big blow (maybe?) when MW3 comes out depending on how pig of a POS its gonna be
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I wouldn't worry much. BF3 beta is the new very shinny toy and getting a lot of attention. Keep active on the ARMA:PR server and people will follow. Sometimes just the act of seeding leads to more people showing up - I've learned this from the ARMA:Bravo server. Just the act of hanging around gets some peoples attention who would otherwise not bother to seed themselves (I'm not judging!).
          On Bravo we've had some recent success organizing a 'special' event. The only thing 'special' about it is that it's planned ahead of time and generally has a theme or particular mission we plan to run. This is very easily replicated for ARMA:PR - Just as with BF2:PR, you could have an Insurgency Theme night/weekend, or a British forces map day. Have fun with it, come up with something people can rally around. It doesn't need to be anything crazy, the fact that you're organizing it and people know to be there to have some fun is all that's required :)

Not sure if the idea has caught on yet, but we used to run 'Learn TG' squads on BF2:PR - the objective is to simply show how the game is played in the TG way (teamwork, realism, etc). Get a few people running Learn TG squads for a few nights here and there and your crop of players will soon expand in quality and quantity.

Every gamer is just looking to have some fun. Show them they can have some organized fun on the server and things will naturally work out.
          Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
          A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Going back to my "I need your help" thread...I just helped seed the server back up to 20ppl or so. On BLUFOR there was 1 squad of 12 and just me in my own squad. Nobody would join (probably cause then they couldnt get kits if it was jut us 2..derp) Had a couple of guys spamming side and global, asked them politely to use group chat as it would make no difference to how they hear each other. I then get trolled and harrassed by the 2 idiots. This is a daily occurance for me unfortunately. Too few TG style players and most of the time nobody to back me up. I'm starting to only play a few days a week now because it just never ends with the ass clownery.
            Murderous

Comment

It can be.. difficult.. to obtain the services of an admin during the acts of misbehavior. I attribute this more to the lack of a CC style tool than anything else, it isn't like BF2 where the admins can monitor goings on remotely (afaik). As far as population, it's just the oohshiny BF3 I think, it'll bounce back if it turns out to be BC3.

Comment

idk i went back to ACE.

Reason is I try hard to promote teamwork within my squad and it seems people just dont get it.

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

Let's not get all 'The Sky is falling in' here guys.

PR:ARMA is in it's infancy. BF3 beta is drawing a lot of players away from a lot of titles.

That being said when I logged on yesterday there were about 60 on and we were soon near full. Stayed that way for a good few hours when I was playing/admin'ng the server.

Mat is correct re the admin tools, they are extremely poor, even in comparison to PR:BF. Unfortunately my wages from TG, ie -$8.00 a month (or whatever it is) have not yet allowed me to give up my day job. I have also checked with the Admin team and none of them were in a position to live on -$8.00 (with no salary). As such we cannot provide a 24/7 admin presence, sorry about that. Keep getting names and we will deal with them if there isn't an admin present at that moment. These individuals will eventually be weeded out.

This is TVT PR:ARMA and as such is a very different challenge to playing against AI in a Co-Operative mission, it is also extremely different to Admin. Couple that with 80 players on the server and sandbox gameplay and it is quite a task. However we continue to work on ways of managing the situation and improving both the standard of gameplay and behaviour. You guy's know me, you know most of my Admin Team, you know how much I dislike disruptive, abusive players. We will get there, may take a little time, but get there we will. In the meantime the Admin Team and I are extremely grateful for your assistance and patience.

Comment

This is a theory I am proposing to explain the situation. We are back to a map rotation type of setup on the server. If I remember correctly some maps kill servers. haha. Some PR:Arma maps produce and long and drawn out battles, making the players disconnect after finishing that round. Or when some people see a certain gametype or map which is loading, they disconnect to avoid it.

So just my attempt to explain the absence of the population.

Comment

I've been playing WORLD OF TANKS!

All bow before the might of my Pz.III/IV.

I'll be back soonish. (Probably this weekend once I've finished grinding for grousers).

Comment

I went to ARMA:PR because the BF2 servers were empty or full of fools.
                        The first weeks were OK then it got very spammy with lots of idiots and now there is a base of teamwork but lower population.
                        There doesn't seem to be many TG-tagged players on at any given time and I too have gotten tired of gently suggesting that rules be followed only to be abused by those I very politely advised of the rules.
                        But hopefully with time and patience, the ARMA server will have the same gameplay that the BF server used to.
                        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                        So that when they turn their backs on you,
                        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Its the BF3 beta imo. Also you can expect that BF3 will do to BF2 and its mods what BF2 did to BF one. Also as far ARMA2 goes I guess people are waiting for the patch to be integrated. I wouldnt worry about ARMA2 just yet, how many mods had 5 full servers for a week on their release date?

Tactical games such as PR have the issue that they attract mainly people above 12 years old, who cant populate the servers everyday, which can be a problem if the numbers dwindle to a certain player threshold. Few players play at the same time and because of it more and more players start to stay away. I admit to feeling put off joining the server with a playercount of 10 as well.

What we need imo are more events, just to have a day and time where the regulars who want teamplay and mumble can rally. It doesnt even have to be password protected, just schedule a mumble event each week. Eventually we find the day where most regulars can play and we all can get our weekly PR fix.

I dont mind, I rather have a good game once a week, than not so good games with non mumblers every day. We will just have to do what people who play American football and best football do, set a day and make it happen. Good news, chances are slim your clothes will be hidden when you come out of the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                            Its the BF3 beta imo.
                            This ^^^

It's not just PR:ArmA; all of our servers have seen a temporary drop in activity :) BF3 is much anticipated, shiny and new, and, perhaps most importantly, free. What gamer isn't going to spend a little time checkign out a free game?

Comment

Mumble, we are talking about PR:ARMA Gore lol. Other than that some good points.

Guys, feed back is fine but posting threads with titles like 'Beginning of the end' during a beta release is a bit premature and over dramatic to say the least.

There are developments with the mod to follow, events in the planning stages and such like. This is a new title and not one for people with a short attention span, it takes time to learn and not everyone can commit 4-6 hours a day to playing, lucky you if you can. We are also somewhat constrained, naturally and understandably, with what we can do with the maplist. This is a beta. The Devs need feed back on all aspects of the game, all the maps etc therefore we need to keep them in rotation.

I am looking at bringing in more Admins but you don't just pull someone in off the street to do the job, that would be a disaster.

We are in the early stages of an unprecedented title at TG, which itself is in the Beta phase. 80 players + (may test increasing the number again soon, for fun) in an extremely realistic, beautiful game with near limitless possibilities. No other title offers this, none. Not PR:BF, not BF3, not RO2 and I like them all, however this is something different.

Please think long term, remember to report problem players and we will keep working on things our end. The TG server is the number 1 ARMA server in the world at the moment, and has been for some time. This is after we already had the number 1 slot and had to switch the servers around, effectively resetting our stats. Check the gametracker link below.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...3.97.138:2333/

Let's try to get some perspective here and look on the bright side a little.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X