Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server rules update

Gentlemen,

After much sober deliberation the Admin Team has amended the PR:ARMA rule set, specifically:-

Support vehicles

The ammunition support truck must not be removed from main under any circumstances. Whilst there are vehicle resupply points on some maps in the current build many do not. Therefore a one size fits all rule is the easiest to understand.
    Do not use support vehicles for personal transport. If you need to use a logistics truck to transport for example infantry, arrange to have it returned to main. Effective use of logistics is part of the gameplay and proper planning is required.

Main bases and mortars

Mortars are not to be fired from in and around the surrounding area of a mainbase. Do not drive a short distance down the road and ask "is this ok?". Use common sense when deploying and ask yourself, "would I be annoyed if I was engaged on the road 100m outside my main gate?". Indirect fire weapons are the same as direct fire, they still kill people, you are still attacking your opponent.
    The Admins retain the right to ask you to move away from your main before engaging your opponent, wherever you may be, that is there job. Your job is to follow that request without argument, as with every other request.

Please take a moment to re-read the rules before joining the server.

Re: Server rules update

So I would be correct in stating that the fuel truck and the repair truck may be taken out of the main base yes?

Comment

I have a question: The mortar gunner can use the Ammo Truck to rearm the mortal? As i know yes, but if he can't deploy the mortar around the Main Base, then the rearm will be a problem for he. So in this situation can he drive the Ammo truck to the mortal's place?
      [[email protected]] leader. If you have any problem with HAP players, then contact with me.

Comment

There are other ways of rearming the mortar, employ those. The ammo truck is the only method of rearming vehicles on some maps, vehicles which I believe need rearming after spawn, vehicles take priority hence the truck stays at main. I will review feedback to the rules as it comes in and amend as necessary. Keep the logistics at main where possible, if they are used they are to be immediately returned.

These rules are not final and are of course subject to change dependent on play testing and feedback.

The purpose of the logistics rules in particular is to stop mortar crews from taking a team critical asset for themselves and other players from using critical vehicles as transport. Think team first, individual second.

Comment

Thanks the quick answer Wicks.
          [[email protected]] leader. If you have any problem with HAP players, then contact with me.

Comment

Wicks no need for rules change as we will do some changes in PR in .15 soon.

Comment

Excellent Wormeaton, excellent. Thank you. The ruleset will continue to evolve with the mod guys, you will always get a heads up as and when amendments are made.

Comment

I don't really see why the 'team' can't drive two minutes in their vehicles to rearm at the ammo truck in the field. The whole point of the three trucks is to be able to establish a FARP. Also, most (but not quite all yet) maps have a vehicle rearm point in the main meaning that the ammo truck doesn't need to be in main.

I'd take increased rate of fire on the highly effective mortars over getting two guys a kill in a t72 before a javelin knocks them out.

Granted there's also a vehicle rearm/repair/refuel crate on most of the maps with air transport. That's useful for a mortar team but some missions have left that out either deliberately or as an oversight.

The small ammo boxes aren't practical (what with the hideous amount of looking and spacebar mashing you have to do just to get a few of them into a crate, not to mention the waiting). Removing the coded logistics from mortar teams will mean more people will either not use mortars at all or when they do, do it as part of a mortar squad drawing personnel who could be fighting away just to drive back and forth with boxes of ammo.

Also, how does this extend to maps like Feruz Abad resistance where the insurgents have an ammo truck expressly for the purpose of reaming the mortars? They don't have a vehicle that needs it to rearm on spawn.

Comment

Conversely the whole team logistical set up is not geared to keep people spamming mortars. Having vehicles all at main creates a one stop shop for rearm, repair and refueling. Worst case scenario in a free for all is each truck is in a different location at any given moment.

As ever rules are devised due in part to what happens on the server player behaviour wise. The rules have to be simple and on balance (key) provide the most practical solution for all scenarios.

I am not prepared to go down the route of map specific rules close to a new release with an in built solution. However the current situation with single individuals taking team critical assets for their own use is not satisfactory either. Your argument that it is hard work loading supplies is simply not strong enough to outweigh the other concerns. Mortars do not outweigh APC's in such a simple comparison and the point is irrelevant even if you could somehow make an objective comparison, which you have not, merely stating your opinion as to relevant value to a team.

The rule stands as is for now. It will be playtested and then feedback will be evaluated.

PR Arma is not a Mortar simulator, mortar teams do not take precedence over anyone else. I doubt the gameplay will suffer from a reduction in incessant mortar spam. Personally I would amend things so that mortars can't be reloaded so quickly and that logistics is something that indirect fire teams actually have to consider, rather than one guy with his magic insta fill truck bring able to blanket whole swathes of the map with mortars near continuously. However that is an argument for a different day.

In the meantime the rule stands, as someone more succinct than me once told me "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it".

That doesn't mean discussion is closed, simply ensuring everyone knows where they stand as of now. The debate is good, informative and helpful in shaping the future.
                  Last edited by Wicks; 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

The rules are there to give all players an equal opportunity in their game. There are potentially 39 other people on your team. Using the repair/ammo/beer truck for your own personal use can ruin the game for everyone else.

And for me personally, I would much prefer a team that has armor and infantry working together for transport and fire support to successfully engage and capture a point than having a mortar that can shoot slightly faster.

Comment

I really dislike the mortar spam, and as much as I enjoy firing them I don't think the current maps are adequate to deal with non-stop mortar fire.
                      I am glad the fuel and repair trucks can now be used without opening the floodgate to mortar spam.
                      Thank You
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

I agree with the rule update - we had a situation (another server) where one team had 6 mortars clustered around the ammo truck in main base. Every time you shot someone the response was an avalanche of mortar spam. That is not really on is it? Someone got frustrated and fired into their main base at the mortars and they complained about it. I agree with using the mortar crates to resupply the mortar in the field - that's what they are there for. If main base is off limits to attackers it logically follows that you can't shoot out of it either?

Comment

I can't go in details but some exploitations will be fixed soon with new .15 PR patch one of the issue is mortar too. ;)

Just track PR news.

Comment

It's funny mortar spam comes up. I don't play PR ARMA frequently, but the other day for a couple hours before the leadership event I was getting rid of some of my PR rust. I decide to travel away from the fight which was centered in a valley with villages and the like. I went down a parallel road, void of structures and about half a kilometer from the fight - What did I find? I single mortar person, with a land rover and an ammo crate. From a distance it looked pretty odd, the guy setup a barricade, parked the landy behind it, then the mortar behind that. So every time he fired i saw a flash, but couldn't figure out what it was coming from. 15minutes of epic flanking on the hill above him later I can see it all clear as day. A couple bullets later He was dead. A couple minutes later i looted his body and found 3 satchels (WIN). First step was to destroy the vehicle and ammo, then i setup my 1 man ambush expecting his return. I took a satchel and placed it about 300m away on the road. I found my hiding spot and waited. For like 20 minutes... the guy didn't come back.. BUT! I got another car after that 20 or so minute mark and killed 3 or 4 occupants, so that was fun.

tl;dr - I love lone mortar men. Do it, ThirdSin will find you :)

I have a little of it recorded, i'll have to whip up something i think.
                            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Can't wait to see the vid lol excellent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X