PR:ARMA2 update for 1.59 BETA patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] PR:ARMA2 update for 1.59 BETA patch

Good news everyone! Today the PR team have released an updated version of pr.exe for use with the 1.59 BETA patch.

Originally posted by [R-DEV]Twisted Helix
    Due to popular demand, we are now supporting the beta launch through the praa.exe and praa_xp.exe.
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f509...eta-patch.html

What is a beta patch?

Bohemia Interactive incrementally release all of their latest fixes, features and updates to the public for testing, allowing them to check for problems before an official patch is released to the entire player-base. Although not usually supported by Mod teams due to their beta nature PR have decided to support this release because of the large amount of improvements it brings specifically to multilayer.

Originally posted by Suma
    The good news is we have made very promising progress with multiplayer interpolation, which looks like it could have a huge impact on solving jerkiness and jumping of remote units in multiplayer. The progress was so good we are now inclined to include this in the 1.60 version, as it looks we will be able to finish this a lot faster than we expected a week ago.

What does this mean for us?

For those of you that were already using the beta patch, it is really quite simple. Download the new pr.exe and away you go, no more editing files! :)

Everyone else will first have to download and install the latest BIS beta patch from here. This will install separately to your 'normal' Arma 2 install so you can always go back if something breaks. Once the beta is installed you can download the new pr.exe and play, warp free.

Betas are scary, is this required?

NO! This update is NOT required to play on PR:A2 servers, feel free to keep playing as normal and wait for patch 1.6 to fully support these fixes in the future!

As usual, if you have any issues feel free to post here, the PR forums or catch an admin on Teamspeak.

Re: PR:ARMA2 update for 1.59 BETA patch

YAY! I just managed to hack together a working exe for the patch. :row__691:
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Nothing I can do if I'm with steam.. right?

Comment

No...it has instructions for Steam users (I'm one) and works fine.
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Is it possible to post the file on TG ?
          I can not access it on the PR forums and after using steam to update ARMAII OA I can no longer start the PR: ARMA II.
          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
          So that when they turn their backs on you,
          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
            Is it possible to post the file on TG ?
            I can not access it on the PR forums and after using steam to update ARMAII OA I can no longer start the PR: ARMA II.
            PM Sent.

Comment

Thank you.
              It seems they updated the PR download so the new exe file is in it because I just reinstalled and it worked fine with the factory patch.
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse