Sunrise or Sunset in-game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise or Sunset in-game

Is it possible or practical to set the times on the map so they fall at sunrise or sunset so as the game progresses the lighting changes dramatically ?
    Sunset is the one I would really like so by then end of the timer ( 4hr ) it is full dark
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Re: Sunrise or Sunset in-game

I believe the time of day and weather can be set in the mission parameters, which can be set by the mission maker (PR DEV's) or a server admin before the round starts. There is no way to change the time / weather during a mission as far as I know.

We can also set weather and fog conditions. :)

Comment

Thanks for the night mission.
      Some people were complaining and i did notice the map used more resources on night than other settings but it was still fun.

Comment

No problem, in the future I will try to change some of the settings to try and keep the missions fresh.

As you say, maybe dawn / dusk is a better trade off than straight up night. Not only does the latter cause performance issues but there are lingering balance questions with regard to night vision.

None the less, thanks for bringing these often overlooked mission parameters back to my attention! :)

Comment

It was like a quarter moon on the map you set and in the open you didn't need night vision but the shadows were absolutely black without them but on that map boths sides were equipped.
          Also and FYI, if you turn all the lights on all the vehicles at Brit main, the helo can't see anything when landing with night vision because of the dust, so don't do that.

Comment

I think in server mission list you can set parameters too so you could list same mission several times but under different parameters what will be like different missions.

Comment

That is the way it works on editor made missions. And you can play those online. Dont know about PR. It would be nice to get different missions in future PR updates..
              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X