Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Times for PR:ArmA Events and International Timezones

----- CURRENT
    Currently these events are started at 6:30PM GMT (server time)?

Australia (Melbourne) = 5:30AM
    USA (NYC) = 1:30PM
    USA (LA) = 10:30AM
    UK = 6:30PM
    Russia (Moscow) = 10:30PM
    Hungary (Budapest) & Italy (Rome) = 7:30PM
    -----

----- OPTION A
    Is there any chance of pulling the time back of these events by at least 4hrs to say 2:30PM GMT (server time)?

Australia (Melbourne) = 1:30AM
    USA (NYC) = 9:30AM
    USA (LA) = 6:30AM*
    UK = 2:30PM
    Russia (Moscow) = 6:30PM
    Hungary (Budapest) & Italy (Rome) = 3:30PM

* Obviously west coast USA loses out here.
    -----

---- OPTION B
    Or even 2hrs to 4:30PM GMT (server time)?

Australia (Melbourne) = 3:30AM*
    USA (NYC) = 11:30AM
    USA (LA) = 8:30AM
    UK = 4:30PM
    Russia (Moscow) = 8:30PM
    Hungary (Budapest) & Italy (Rome) = 5:30PM

* Still sucks for us Aussies (that means Australians!) but perhaps not as much.
    -----

I've tried to cover most of the nationalities that I saw in TS3 on the server for "Operation T4 - Tactical Take-Over 2 - Project Reality Event - Dec 4th", and I'm also very aware that the scheduled time is never going to suit everyone.

But as one of the many Australians playing on this server this would be appreciated despite the obvious bias I have for Option A/B.

Opinions from all around the world, even other Australians, would be appreciated!

EDIT: Good tool for scheduling: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

The events will have to rotate through different times to be fair to everyone. We had set up three events to get the ball rolling. Will discuss the possibility of changing the time for Jan 8th but most likely we'll vary the times on future events.

Thanks for the post. I was appalled that you guts had to get up at that hour! If only the world was flat.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Re: Scheduled Times for PR:ArmA Events and International Timezones

We will look at this very closely, I was actually thinking along the some lines as we have done similar with event start ttimes in PRBF. There is absolutely no reason not yo have the event start much earlier, providing we have admin coverage. Much easier for our US friends to get out of their bunks an earlier than have others stay up for 24 hours.

I will be chatting with Unk and the other Adms about this and other things over the coming week. Expect more developments and announcements!

Comment

Since my timezone sits in the middle I support this fully.
        But in all honesty the folks from Australia and Europe have kept the server going during the dry periods and I think giving them a pat on the back by shifting the times is a great idea.
        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
        So that when they turn their backs on you,
        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Good to think about this topic Rabbit. Cheers mate.

Recent events are/were planned for what amounts to 04:30hrs Brisbane. Your option A suggestion equates to 00:30hrs Brisbane and Option B to 02:30hrs Brisbane. Personally, I'd be able to attend games in the recent 04:30hrs slot but not for proposed Options A or B. But that's just me personally.

For the good of the server and PR though, I believe that planned events should be scheduled at the time that is most convenient for the greatest number of players - regardless of whether I personally am able to attend. Whatever time that is. This time could be determined by forum votes or via a tool like doodle.com

I would suggest though that, as others have said here, that it would be ideal if numerous events are planned in the future in sometimes radically different timeslots to allow for more variation in player locations and so that I can personally can attend :)

In any case, I thank the TG admin for the recent events planned and look forward to more.

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
          TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Good idea Rabbit, TG should probably cater for the masses though, at these first few events anyway, i'd prefer a good turnout even if it means i go without sleep once in a while, saying that 4 hours earlier would be perfect for me.

also, Callous, i wish i didnt read your sig, now you got me stayin up way too late listenin to floyd....just one album....or 2...

Comment

It is going to be "sunday morning" at my location, so if you move the time four hours dont wonder if I sound tired and US 6:30AM (put evil smile here)

How about three hours back so gmt 3.30PM
              Australia (Melbourne) = 2:30AM*
              USA (NYC) = 10:30AM
              USA (LA) = 7:30AM
              UK = 3:30PM
              Russia (Moscow) = 7:30PM
              Hungary (Budapest) & Italy (Rome) = 4:30PM

Yes crazy party finns...
              -

Comment

One other point I forgot to add is in relation to the day of the week these matches are scheduled.

Regardless of the scheduled time chosen, with a rotation sounding like a very fair option, I think the day should be changed for a Saturday-Sunday match as opposed to a Sunday-Monday match. In that way no matter which country gets the 'early morning' shafting, at least those players will have the early morning on a weekend i.e. Saturday/Sunday morning, and not the start of the work-week i.e Monday morning.

Comment

Australia (Melbourne) = 9pm
                  USA (NYC) = 5am
                  USA (LA) = 2am
                  UK = 10am

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

This Sunday's match will proceed at the scheduled time. We will likely adjust the time for Jan 8th to something much earlier, say mid-afternoon GMT. Waiting to get confirmation of admin coverage before changing anything.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X