Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Become a part of Cinema History and spread The Word!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Become a part of Cinema History and spread The Word!

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I stand before you, figuratively of course, I was sitting when I typed this and time has moved inexorably onward as it does...anyway I digress. I stand before you with a suggestion, a request, a plan as it were.

I have already seen some fantastic videos of PR Arma and I have witnessed some great gameplay. However there is something I would like to attempt, a full bore promotional video for PR Arma.

I feel there is a large audience out there that would love to try this title, it's just the 'hook' has not caught them yet, there needs to be a concerted push to promote this title more and reach out a little further. PR Arma is somewhat unique, we all know the strengths of this title, we all realise the enormous potential of this Mod to deliver something that is unique in gaming at this point in time but clearly many don't. That is a shame and needs to be rectified.

As other titles seem to get 'smaller' with each iteration as a result of market forces PR Arma is the only game I see that is reaching for the stars and truly catering to the PC audience. This Mod is in it's infancy yet it's first faltering steps are giant strides in comparison to most other games.

The issue is that I don't think everyone realises this lol!

Therefore my plan, my proposal, is to collaborate and create a spectacular promotional video that showcases the epic scope, scale and possibilities of PR Arma. However, I will need your help as you the playerbase will be the stars of the show. Ideally I want to get as close to a full server as possible to really reflect the many strengths of this game.

I want to record numerous set pieces, what follows is a preliminary story board as it were:-

40 vs 40 infantry combat in a relatively restricted space, one village/area of town
    Detailed logistics usage
    Mega firebases
    Combined Arms
    Air Convoy
    Ambush scenarios

My intent to is gather a list of players who would be willing to help/participate in the making of this cinematic masterpiece. Each actor will be mentioned in the credits of the video, your chance to be a movie star.

Whilst I want to set certain scenarios up once the call of 'action' is given it is business as usual most of the time. There will undoubtedly be some stopping and starting however I would like as many people involved in each scene as possible. I will act as camerman and will move around the map as necessary to try and catch as many perspectives as possible whilst attempting to 'direct' via TS/Global.

Now I appreciate this is all fairly grandiose and somewhat hairbrained. I am not aware of this being attempted before on the same scale, and there is probably a very good reason for it. Nevertheless I would like to give it a go. So the big question, Will you help me?

Once I have a rough idea of the number of willing participants I can sketch out a more detailed plan and start looking at dates.

So what say you?
    Last edited by Wicks; 12-17-2011, 07:11 PM.

Re: Become a part of Cinema History and spread The Word!

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
    TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

I'm in, willing to 'voice act' (read: fail / scream / panic) if needed. Will try to shut up otherwise. Maybe having a girl in there will help things? Who knows.

Edit: Had a scene idea to semi-showcase some teamwork stuff. Basically 'script' (i.e. ask people to follow a script) an bit where the person filming gets shot-wounded (not shot-killed), gets dragged back to cover by a comrade, while able to still see the rest of their squad move in front of them to provide covering fire or something. Doesn't need to be in an actual fight situation - could be scripted, as said. But would look awesome.
      Last edited by Athanasa; 12-17-2011, 07:42 PM.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

You got my attention sir, just point at what needs explosions and they'll get their explosions.

@Athan: I like that idea. 1st Person presentations of a video always give the viewer the best "In their shoes" moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
          You got my attention sir, just point at what needs explosions and they'll get their explosions.
          Hmm... what if the OPFOR planted satchel charges etc in an objective, moved out, waited for BLUFOR to enter the objective... and detonated the lot. Filmed from someone walking into a room, looking down and seeing a satchel charge, the "Osh-" and boom?

Edit: Cutting out to the view filmed by the opposing team (maybe at a seperate time, again with scripted events) through binocs / up a hill of the explosion of the area.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I was thinking that we can plan a time where we can all have a talk about discussing the video. Ideas, casting, pyrotechnics. All the goodies. Having them right here would spoil our audience of what's to come. :)

Comment

I volunteer.
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Im in

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I'll be there. Whats the craft services like?
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm in just need to know the time and place. I'm on 7 weeks leave.
                    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                    Former ARMA Admin
                    Former ARMA TGU instructor
                    Former TGU Headmaster
                    Current Noob
                    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Consider me in. Had something similar in my mind as well. I can also help editing if needed.

Yes lets not spoil everything.
                      -

Comment

i'm in!

Comment

Make a private group thing for this, maybe? For conversations etc.

Pepper

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                            Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I stand before you, figuratively of course, I was sitting when I typed this and time has moved inexorably onward as it does...anyway I digress. I stand before you with a suggestion, a request, a plan as it were.

I have already seen some fantastic videos of PR Arma and I have witnessed some great gameplay. However there is something I would like to attempt, a full bore promotional video for PR Arma.

I feel there is a large audience out there that would love to try this title, it's just the 'hook' has not caught them yet, there needs to be a concerted push to promote this title more and reach out a little further. PR Arma is somewhat unique, we all know the strengths of this title, we all realise the enormous potential of this Mod to deliver something that is unique in gaming at this point in time but clearly many don't. That is a shame and needs to be rectified.

As other titles seem to get 'smaller' with each iteration as a result of market forces PR Arma is the only game I see that is reaching for the stars and truly catering to the PC audience. This Mod is in it's infancy yet it's first faltering steps are giant strides in comparison to most other games.

The issue is that I don't think everyone realises this lol!

Therefore my plan, my proposal, is to collaborate and create a spectacular promotional video that showcases the epic scope, scale and possibilities of PR Arma. However, I will need your help as you the playerbase will be the stars of the show. Ideally I want to get as close to a full server as possible to really reflect the many strengths of this game.

I want to record numerous set pieces, what follows is a preliminary story board as it were:-

40 vs 40 infantry combat in a relatively restricted space, one village/area of town
                            Detailed logistics usage
                            Mega firebases
                            Combined Arms
                            Air Convoy
                            Ambush scenarios

My intent to is gather a list of players who would be willing to help/participate in the making of this cinematic masterpiece. Each actor will be mentioned in the credits of the video, your chance to be a movie star.

Whilst I want to set certain scenarios up once the call of 'action' is given it is business as usual most of the time. There will undoubtedly be some stopping and starting however I would like as many people involved in each scene as possible. I will act as camerman and will move around the map as necessary to try and catch as many perspectives as possible whilst attempting to 'direct' via TS/Global.

Now I appreciate this is all fairly grandiose and somewhat hairbrained. I am not aware of this being attempted before on the same scale, and there is probably a very good reason for it. Nevertheless I would like to give it a go. So the big question, Will you help me?

Once I have a rough idea of the number of willing participants I can sketch out a more detailed plan and start looking at dates.

So what say you?
                            Sign me up as an actor participant.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I'm in...can do voice acting too. Anything for PR Arma 2!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X