Possible Idea on training videos for new PR and ArmA guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Possible Idea on training videos for new PR and ArmA guys

Obviously I would render it in a better way if people thought this was a good idea, but thought I could make a few of these showing the most commonly used formations and tactics such as overwatch and bound.

they're quick they're dirty and they I hope get the job done. I hate my voice for voice overs so if someone wanted to do some voice overs for these videos I would be more than willing to dub them in.

example for this video would be

*sound effect* as it zooms into column formation

"Column is used for moving large distances where enemy contact is not expected."

*squad starts to move and swings around the squad showing how all sides are covered*

"Notice how the rear soldier keeps a look out behind the squad and the 4th soldier watches both sides while the front 3 maintain constant look out on the front and sides of the formation proving all around security

*squad formation spreads apart*

"the formation can easily spread apart providing additional protection from area effect weapons such as grenades and machine guns."

*squad walks off into distance*

"anything else you can think of"

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Possible Idea on training videos for new PR and ArmA guys

I like it.
    Short and to the point so people will watch them.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Very good, if you need a Captain Price (only grumpier and more bitter) soundalike I may be willing to try out for the part!

Wanted to add that this sort of content is exactly what I like to see and I sincerely hope you do turn it into a series. The concept is excellent, short, concise, economical. You deliver good information in a digestible fashion. Please continue with these and consider expanding the concept. If you want help with anything please let me know.

Comment

any thing you can think of to make them better? The "ground" has mountains on it which adds alot to render time but after watching it I dont think they add much to the video and so Ill probably just go for flat ground unless it is absolutely necessary to have hills in the video such as using defilade or something along those lines

Sure wicks you have a way to record your voice and send me the files? If possible try to record while watching the video so the voice dub is close to the right length. I can edit out minor time differences but if you speak to slowly you may end up sounding like a chipmunk lol

Comment

I have some editing software and can record each comment individually, you can then add those 'sound bites' in as and when you want.

I really love what you did and would very much love to see you expand on it so anything I can do to help would be great. Have you considered asking people for topics they might want covered on top of your own ideas? Sort of an "Ask Charlie" Tactical Help Video on Demand. You get a request and knock up a 1 minute video explaining in simple terms. You could cover a broad range of military principles. With the benefit of the visual aid you have devised you can explain those concepts very quickly, even more complex ones, in a way that usually takes pages of text and can be quite dry. Has a real 'History Channel' look to it and there is a reason they use that format.

I really think you are on to something here Charles, this could be really, really good.

PS: Keep the hills in, gives good context to the movement, better than flat ground. Grab me on TS sometime as I think I might be able to help with rendering, editing and the like, plus I would like to talk to you about this in general.

Comment

Ok hills will stay in on the next one I accidently deleted one of the guys and saved w/o realizing it. I have a proper render of the same motions on a flat plane loading into youtube as we speak Ill post as soon as it finishes, Ill work on another one in the mean time.

Comment

:)
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Here is video with no hills

youre right the hills do add to it

Comment

I was going to say skip the hills but it is too featureless without them.
                  You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                  So that when they turn their backs on you,
                  You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

yeah I am almost finished with an advance and bound on a squad level video it has hills in it, just strapped for time atm between the holidays and work but I am still making these :)

if you have something you would like to see covered let me know and possibly an idea of what the video should look like to best teach the lesson you are trying to get across

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X