Back to top.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to top.

It is look like TG server is on a good way to take back top position of ArmA servers.

Check the ranking in last 30 days.

Re: Back to top.

Indeed, the 1.6 patch has definitely helped increase the player-base.

I think this is an appropriate time to give a big thanks to everyone that has helped to make TG the place to play PR:Arma, we appreciate everyone of you that helps seed and populate the server. As many of you will have noticed this week we upped the server slot count to 100 players and hopefully we can get enough people on-line for some epic, gigantic battles! :D

However, with quantity we clearly want to maintain the quality of play that people have come to expect from TG servers over the years and to that end I would like to encourage everyone to continue reporting foul play, server crashes and the like. You can do this either via our TeamSpeak server or the contact an admin forum, this helps the administration team greatly in maintaining the server and I'm sure everyone wants to keep these high player numbers we are all enjoying at the moment.

Thanks again! :)

Comment

It's very cool. I've been checking that graph every day at Gametracker and trying to relate increases and decreases to different events as time progresses. I've been willing it upwards and it's great to see that we shepherded it back to the top again.

As always, the important thing is quality gaming though. Better to have a server with 40 team-players than 80 who don't! :)

Thank you to the admin for their ongoing assistance.

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
      TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Swedge View Post
        As always, the important thing is quality gaming though. Better to have a server with 40 team-players than 80 who don't! :)
        Seconded.

Need more admin presence on the server as people on both sides are constantly taking the ammo truck from main for mortar spamming or even worse, setting the mortar up in base.
        Server rules need to be added to map connection scrolling messages at the least. A good 50% of the players joining the server don't visit these forums for the rules and even less speak English to understand them in the first place.

Hopefully the next 0.2 version will address these and other balancing issues as play is getting very frustrating at the moment, especially from a SL point-of-view.

Comment

Firstly I wanted to echo Paint's comments and say thank you to the playerbase for their patience and loyalty as we climb back to our rightful position.

Secondly we are upping the admin presence guys but it is difficult to provide coverage round the clock in game. The admin tools for Arma are practically non-existant in comparison to other much older titles but TG is working on a few things to allow much better monitoring of the server. Please bear with us as we develop these solutions and continue the excellent work in politely informing new players of the rules and reporting those who do not heed your helpful advice.

Looks like it's going to be a great year for PR Arma!

Comment

'Politely informing' is difficult given the language barrier and the lack of 'clout'/status for regular players.

However the points you make Wicks are more than fair enough. Perhaps my angst has been increasing given the increase in tension with the player numbers. Apologies for this and keep up the good work TG!

Comment

No apologies necessary at all mate, I think we have all experienced what you are referring to at one time or another. Rest assured we are working on it, quality of gameplay and just plain adherence to the rules is important to all of us. At the end of the day we want people to enjoy the game in a teamwork focused, mature environment. The playerbase is already assisting the Admin Team with this through the good example so many set on the server, the leadership those players provide etc.

In fact that is one of the fundamental ways that 'Leaders' on the server can affect the standard almost by osmosis as it were. Simply Leading well, teaching and by default setting that example you bring the standard up. New players are not left without guidance and more regular players have something to measure themselves against, a standard to aim for as it were.

Another thing we can all do is direct people (where possible) to the TG forums. Get them to register and therefore have access to Teamspeak etc. This not only integrates them into the Community better so that more information is available to them but it makes access to Administrative staff easier and allows them to get help if needed. I would ideally like as many people as possible playing an active role in this community to help build the future of PR:Arma at TG and make the wealth of information and support that is available as a member of this community easily accessible to them.

As I say keep up the excellent work guys, it is very much appreciated by all the Admin Team.

Comment

Great post Wicks. Agreed with all.

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
                TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X