Pr arma server - back in business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Pr arma server - back in business

After a few gruelling days the TG PR ARMA Server is back online people!

Apologies for the disruption, normal service has been resumed hopefully, get on it!

Special thanks to Apophis, Jeepo and Socom.

I am going for a lie down now. :row__517:

Re: Pr arma server - back in business

Most excellent sir !
    Thank You
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Good, i will give it a spin tomorrow.

Edit:I just tried one round and the server might still be broken. I saw people losing connection again, it also happened to me and it had never happened to me before. I will try to play a few more rounds and see if it was just a fluke or that there is really still something wrong.

Edit(10min later): Lost connection again, although this time when i went to desktop windows told me i had to restart my pc to install important updates. Perhaps windows was downloading something which interfered with the connection. I will try it one more around to make sure it wasn't that.
      Last edited by Ch3v4l13r; 01-11-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
        After a few gruelling days the TG PR ARMA Server is back online people!

Apologies for the disruption, normal service has been resumed hopefully, get on it!

Special thanks to Apophis, Jeepo and Socom.

I am going for a lie down now. :row__517:

Cheers guys for all your hard work. Greatly appreciated! Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
        Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
        TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Ch3v4l13r View Post
          Good, i will give it a spin tomorrow.

Edit:I just tried one round and the server might still be broken. I saw people losing connection again, it also happened to me and it had never happened to me before. I will try to play a few more rounds and see if it was just a fluke or that there is really still something wrong.
          Cheers Chevalier. I saw you playing just now via Gametracker (and had been for more than 22 minutes).

Can you please advise further whether there is still a problem with everyone losing connection? TG admin may be able to advise further. I'll also keep my eyes peeled on the map frequencies and lengths here.

I am trying to get another scheduled PR:Arma2 game organised in the next 3 or 4 days to try and restore the PR:Arma2 player population and need to pick a server ASAP to start promoting it.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers,
          Swedge

Comment

Well i did ask on the server and most in my team said they didnt have problems with losing connection. But i just ask Mastercaution and he is having the same thing as me. Anyway i am going to try again and will let you know here if i get disconnected again.

Edit: Lost connection again :-( Perhaps the server has been fixed for other people because there ppl on right now who dont seem to have a problem but it is still broken for me. Weird thing is, when the server was still officially broken the few times i was on it i didn't lose connection :-s, i wasn't on then for very long because other were having issues, but its weird.
            Last edited by Ch3v4l13r; 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch3v4l13r View Post
              Well i did ask on the server and most in my team said they didnt have problems with losing connection. But i just ask Mastercaution and he is having the same thing as me. Anyway i am going to try again and will let you know here if i get disconnected again.

Edit: Lost connection again :-( Perhaps the server has been fixed for other people because there ppl on right now who dont seem to have a problem but it is still broken for me. Weird thing is, when the server was still officially broken the few times i was on it i didn't lose connection :-s, i wasn't on then for very long because other were having issues, but its weird.
              There is still hope. We just found out it might be (should be) due to moving fast (driving a vehicle) that kicks out players, and there should be fix by adjusting server side. Funny thing is that if you get loosing connection and stop it does not kick you out. Just try holding still in helicopter, might be hard to land fast enough...
              -

Comment

As of Thursday 1916hrs GMT, the server is apparently not online. It can't be seen in the multiplayer browser server listing. This presumably happened some time after this 22minute game (where no one scored):
                http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/4384967

Comment

Server is on-line and I can connect to it, however the issue you are experiencing has been happening to a few people. Looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
                    Server is on-line and I can connect to it, however the issue you are experiencing has been happening to a few people. Looking into it.
                    Copy that. Cheers Paint. Hmm. That's a new one. Yeah, what I'm currently seeing is this.

Comment

Yea that's exactly the same as some others are getting, did you manage to connect to the server earlier or is this your first time connecting today?

Comment

I am able to connect to server but still loosing connection if driving around, waiting for future fixes.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
                          Yea that's exactly the same as some others are getting, did you manage to connect to the server earlier or is this your first time connecting today?
                          Cheers Paint. I was able to connect to the TG server for about 2.5 hours about 12 hours ago (last night in my time). It was Taking Candy. I sat down next to the flagpole the entire time. About 3 or 4 other players apparently connected.

The server is now visible though.

I was able to connect to it just now. Taking Candy. This game:

Played for about 5 minutes as Blufor driving an Offroad up and down the road. I received a "Player Swedge is losing connection" error at the bottom left about 3 or 4 times during that time. There may or may not have been a correlation with how fast the vehicle was travelling. Not sure.
                          I then got "No message received for 10 seconds" and the red-chain and then eventually "Connection with host has been lost".

I have gone back to the main Multiplayer screen and the server is listed as 'Creating'. Joined it.

Played for about 12 minutes. This game. Taking Candy. Played as Opfor. Ping is about 246ms as per usual. Sat at main for about 10 minutes doing nothing and didn't get any 'losing connection' errors myself but watched 2 others players who joined later get them. Then I got into an Offroad and drove it at max speed up and down the road for about 2 minutes. Started getting "Player Swedge is losing connection" errors and then the "No message received for 10 seconds" error and red-chain and disconnect.

So it seems the server is still having problems unfortunately.

Comment

Still working on various matters, not at my desk tonight sincere apologies guys, will be pulling an all nighter tomorrow and have cleared my weekend to crack on with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              Still working on various matters, not at my desk tonight sincere apologies guys, will be pulling an all nighter tomorrow and have cleared my weekend to crack on with this.
                              Cheers Wicks. Much appreciated. Poor fella! Not easy having to invest those sorts of hours.

I've just tried to duplicate the issue described in my previous post on the AEF/BigD server. This game. Drove an Offroad vehicle at maximum speed as Blufor on Taking Candy for 15 minutes up and down the same roads but did not receive any 'losing connection' or 'No message received' errors. So the issue seems specific to the PR TG server.

Anyway, good luck mate and thanks for your time!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X