Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Ace 2 to PR ?

Hello guys

I am new to multiplayer Arma (and i must confess : not very skilled).
    I can see friendly people here and this is a very good place to have fun times. Even if my english in game is very horrible, hope people will have patience with me...

I have a question please. I made many search to have the answer but i found nothing on it. Sorry if i miss a thread about it.
    Well, i have ACE 2 mod and i would like to play PR. Do you think its possible to add PR and deactivate ACE 2 in the launcher so i can switch between these 2 mods ?

Thanks and have a nice day

Re: Switching Ace 2 to PR ?

PR will appear as a shortcut or icon on your desktop, you don't have to use the Arma launcher. You will see this once you install PR. www.realitymod.com

It's okay if you're not "skilled" PR is more fun when it's about teamwork and objective based gameplay, you will have time to brush up on the headshots later. :D
    Plenty of patience with new players, just join a squad with one of us and we can guide you. Be sure to watch the PR tutorials on Youtube aswell.

Comment

Hey thanks very much James ! :)
      No problem, i will watch these tutorials first.
      Thx again. See you

Comment

Thanks James! Look forward to playing with you soon, Vagrant! :)

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
        TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Hi Swedge. thx for welcoming. Hope to play with you :)

Comment

Welcome to the PR from me as well. Ask if you need to know something ingame, but remember to use squad channel.
            -

Comment

Thanks RpSPT :)
              Yes i have a question about these differents channels. I watched the 9 tutorials and 1 of these talks about VON. Which channel do you use in game ?
              As per TG rules, i should use the command channel to speak with my team. Am i right ?

Comment

Originally posted by vagrant View Post
                Thanks RpSPT :)
                Yes i have a question about these differents channels. I watched the 9 tutorials and 1 of these talks about VON. Which channel do you use in game ?
                As per TG rules, i should use the command channel to speak with my team. Am i right ?
                Hi Vagrant :)

Here is a 20min tutorial I made that includes info about VON channels.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCjOpoGri04

In short, you can use your microphone on Direct Chat (white), Group Chat (Green) and Vehicle Chat (orangey yellow - everyone in your vehicle). If you are a Squad-leader, you can also use Command Channel (different yellow) to talk with the other Squad Leaders.

Do not use Side Chat (blue) or Global Chat (bright white).

Hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to give a yell if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
                Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
                TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Got it Swedge. Very useful video. Thank you.
                  I think everything is ok now.
                  Just have to get in a game and try that PR :)

cheers

Comment

Welcome to the battlefield, Vagrant.

As Swedge said, use "Direct Communication" most often, as this allows you to speak to people in your immediate vicinity, affected by distance, location, etc. Range is maybe 25m.
                    -Use Group Channel second most often. It allows you to speak to only your squad, and also broadcasts locally (i.e. Direct Comms).
                    -Use Vehicle Channel to speak only to the people in your vehicle. Useful for gunners and/or navigation.
                    -Next in line would be Command Channel which if you are a Squad Leader allows you to speak to other Squad Leaders ONLY. This also broadcasts locally I believe.
                    -Side Channel is for speaking to your whole team, and you should only use this channel if you have something VERY pertinent to say (e.g. "We're capping Villa 40% x5 no contacts."). Most admins prefer you only type in this channel. Side broadcasts locally I believe, but it generally isn't spoken in anyway so it's pretty irrelevant.
                    -Global Channel speaks to everyone in the server. Only use to contact an admin, and DO NOT speak on this channel.

Good luck out there!

Comment

Originally posted by LordFuzzywig View Post
                      Welcome to the battlefield, Vagrant.

As Swedge said, use "Direct Communication" most often, as this allows you to speak to people in your immediate vicinity, affected by distance, location, etc. Range is maybe 25m.
                      -Use Group Channel second most often. It allows you to speak to only your squad, and also broadcasts locally (i.e. Direct Comms).
                      -Use Vehicle Channel to speak only to the people in your vehicle. Useful for gunners and/or navigation.
                      -Next in line would be Command Channel which if you are a Squad Leader allows you to speak to other Squad Leaders ONLY. This also broadcasts locally I believe.
                      -Side Channel is for speaking to your whole team, and you should only use this channel if you have something VERY pertinent to say (e.g. "We're capping Villa 40% x5 no contacts."). Most admins prefer you only type in this channel. Side broadcasts locally I believe, but it generally isn't spoken in anyway so it's pretty irrelevant.
                      -Global Channel speaks to everyone in the server. Only use to contact an admin, and DO NOT speak on this channel.

Good luck out there!
                      LordFuzzyWig is incorrect on one point. Side channel is for text only, not " if you have something VERY pertinent to say".
                      All admins will enforce this rule.
                      5.VON specific rules

CliffsNotes version: Shut up and play the game.

1a. Global VON and TEXT is only to be used for contacting an admin. Side channel is not to be used.
                      1b. Team planning conversations should occur in the command channel only.
                      1c. Do not spam global or side, spot using the map and keep the chat clear.
                      1d. Behave in a mature and respectful manner at all times. Keep your language acceptable at all times. If a player or admin asks for the language to be toned down, do it immediately and without argument.
                      1e. Failing to follow these rules will result in removal from the server.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-arma...-arma-2-a.html
                      Questions and comments regarding this rule can be directed at the Game Officer, Wicks or you can start your own thread about it.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X