Good Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Games

Just wanted to post that I had a blast tonight on Chernarus. Ytman was my SL with a couple others totall I think was 7-9 peeps. Coms were great all around, Ytman was clear on what he wanted to accomplish. Swedge and his crew were busy beavers building things and the firefights were some of the best that Ive had to date.

Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the great TG play people!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Good Games

Funny you should say that, Jack! GG! I saw you in Yt's squad. You guys kicked ass. I just wrote an AAR for this game here, as it perfectly demonstrated the strategy approach I've been thinking about lately. Big thanks to all the squads including Yt's, Aborted's, Smash's, etc.

Cheers,
    Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
    TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

An interesting first that I forgot to mention - we deployed one RP at the beginning of the game and the same RP still existed at the same spot about 2 or 3 hours later, with tickets remaining, when the game ended. We had sustained such low casualties or were able to use nearby FO's instead of burning up the RP.

Cheers,
      Swedge

Comment

Good to hear, gentlemen. We had a great time on Bravo last night as well.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Bugger sounds like I missed a good one!

Many more to come I'm sure but I am concerned about the numbers getting near 50 players at peak. Come-on peeps, come join the fun!

P.S. Also good to see a lot more people stepping-up to lead a squad as well. Now excuse me whilst I deploy a deck chair at the nearest FOB and and sip on a cocktail with a tiny umbrella in it...

Comment

I feel that this mod allows me time to get in, pew pew, and then leave. I do not have to block out a 2-3 hour window in order to play. I can either lead or follow due to my RL constraints. I think that is one of the best parts about this mod, that and our ever increasing player base. What I think is helping is all of the screen shots and vids everyone is posting. Please keep up the great video editing and fraps as it is a blast to watch when I am on my lunch break!!

There is always play that can be improved upon, especially when the island Takistan come up for play (another discussion entirely), but when Chernarus comes on, it seems as though the sniping and individual play goes out the door and it is true tactical TG game-play that is seen, and I love it. Some of my best rounds have been on Chernarus.

Heres to many a more great rounds!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by mad rabbit View Post
              Bugger sounds like I missed a good one!

Many more to come I'm sure but I am concerned about the numbers getting near 50 players at peak. Come-on peeps, come join the fun!

P.S. Also good to see a lot more people stepping-up to lead a squad as well. Now excuse me whilst I deploy a deck chair at the nearest FOB and and sip on a cocktail with a tiny umbrella in it...
              Lol. You didn't miss it Rabbit - you were #1 on Blufor! :D

Agreed on squad lead :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                What I think is helping is all of the screen shots and vids everyone is posting. Please keep up the great video editing and fraps as it is a blast to watch when I am on my lunch break!!

There is always play that can be improved upon, especially when the island Takistan come up for play (another discussion entirely), but when Chernarus comes on, it seems as though the sniping and individual play goes out the door and it is true tactical TG game-play that is seen, and I love it. Some of my best rounds have been on Chernarus.
                Yeah suddenly there's an avalanche of YouTube videos by the community at the moment. It's great.

Personally, I still see just as much sniping and individual play on Chern as I do on Takistan but I agree some of the best rounds have been on Chern too!

Comment

Really? Hmmm... All the maps are blurring together like an addict.

Comment

Had a blast tonight on Chernarus, some intense fire fights around the Steel Shed flag. Playing as Blufor I saw one of the best counterattacks by the Opfor I've seen in this game. Blufor had half of the village cap and we started pushing to the other side. Right as a Warrior hit the middle point there was a HUGE explosion, my frame-rates jumped to single digits it was that big, as well as small arms and rocket fire suddenly erupting from every direction. It was a mad house. When we finally fought to the center of the village where the explosion happened every building within 150m had collapsed. Well played guys, hell of a game.

Comment

Great. My computer be dying so I can't join you. Looks like it is HDD or MB. I will try to fix it soon as possible.

Right now I depend only on your AAR and videos.

I'm happy to see people more and more cooperating and coordinating they moves. That is all PRAA is.
                      There is no weapon which who mach the power of teamwork and good strategy.
                      Use your brain and outsmart the enemy. Your brain is your most powerfull weapon.

Good coordinated squad with good teamwork will defet any opponent even if they are armed with sling's.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Worm! Hopefully you're back in the fight soon!

I agree about brain-power mate. I'm always happy to see more talk about tactics and strategies, and less talk about shiny new weapons.

Cheers,
                        Swedge

Comment

Sounds like you had fun. I have to ask a question that might sound stange if you dont think about it: Is there a difference between good games and fun games?

Carry on.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RpSPT View Post
                            ....Is there a difference between good games and fun games...
                            That is a great question. I guess if you look at it like:

fun games= not really goofing off but laughing joking and trying different things while trying to complete the objective. Not really pushing ones self in that particular game.

Good Games= hard nose fighting, great tactics, and a mixture of the above fun games qualities. I believe they are not exclusive of one another but are different and the same at the same time.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one blogs about it on facebook, does it happen? :)

Comment

I had a good time also, after not having played ArmA for almost a year. The 1.60 patch got me excited again, plus PR is awesome so how could I resist?

I died a -LOT- but managed to squeeze in a kill when I joined up with Draith's squad. I guess I have to get used to how to play all over again heh :)

GG all!

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...