TG Server Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Server Request

Firstly, let me say "Thanks" for providing us with a stable and fun server in which to play this excellent mod.

I've managed to get 4 guys in my clan to play regularly now. Our hours of play are generally 9:30EST - 02:00EST. What we've seen during these hours, every night that we play, are the same medium to large desert maps, exclusively. I have played earlier and at times, during the day, and I see a good mix of desert and Chernarus maps. As the population dwindles during 'our' hours of play, particularly around midnight, would it be possible to tweak the map rotation to include smaller maps and a mix of both desert and Chernarus maps? Not only would it help our enjoyment of the mod, I'm sure that the 15-20 people left on the server would also appreciate it.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

Cheers.

Re: TG Server Request

Dont forget your "vote for admin option", with those low numbers there's a chance you "can vote for mission"

Comment

Vote for Admin is disabled on TG's server. I can certainly look at the maplist and see if we can freshen up the order a bit. Obviously I can't guarantee the maps you want will be on when you log on but we can have a stab at it.

Comment

Having voting enabled would be really helpful at certain times of day, is there any chance of TG enabling it? it is a pretty small community after all, and I'd say anyone silly enough to abuse it wouldn't last long.

Comment

No, not at this time. Whilst I understand the reasons why people would like it, and believe me I do see those potential benefits, there is a huge list of reasons why it won't be happening. As this has come up a few times I am going to give you all the be all/end all version.

- TG's server's are run by the Admin Team. Each Admin is carefully selected. There is oversight at numerous levels. Admins on the server answer to me, I ultimately answer to the Site Owner, Apophis.
          - Player voted Admin may confuse newer members of the Community as they may believe the voted Admin is an actual Admin, when they are not
          - A player voted admin can lock the server and then leave, leaving it inaccessible until an ACTUAL ADMIN turns up.
          - Once voted in a player voted admin can pretty much do as he/she pleases until an ACTUAL ADMIN turns up.
          - Player voted Admin is not suitable for a PVP enviroment.
          - Bottom line, the TG PR Server is not public property. It is run and paid for by Tactical Gamer. As such there is a management structure for that, of which I am in charge.

We will not be enabling Player Voted Admin at any point.

If people have issues with getting maps changed can I suggest you install Teamspeak (as suggested previously) and then look for one of the TG PR Arma Admins, rather than ask for the 'keys' to the server. Please bear in mind that we are not available 24/7 as this isn't a paying job, we all need sleep and most of us have full time jobs. However when we are around we are more than happy to help.

NB. Steps are being taken to increase the visibility of the PR Admin Team etc.

Comment

No worries mate, no stress!

I have tried your teamspeak server a few times during my local afternoon time, but being on the other side of the globe you would all be asleep, it's cool though, maybe having the map rotation start with the chainsaw mission would help, that is a good small infantry map to seed on.

Comment

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Comment

Cheers Wicks!

Comment

It's awesome that you took the time to lay out all the reasoning like that Wicks. I've often wondered the same thing. I imagine players can see where the decision is coming from now, and see that it makes a lot of sense.

Cheers,
                  Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
                  TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

How about, as a compromise, we switch from taki-taki-taki-charnus missions to taki-charn-taki-charn.

^^.

Comment

Already on it Ytman so good suggestion. I will shuffle the maplist tonight. I personally want to see a mix and also how a smaller skirmish type scenario plays out with a full server. Should really emphasise the numbers and make for some epic battles and vids.

Keep the questions and feedback coming guys, its much appreciated and very helpful.

Comment

So, now the NA prime-time map rotation is all large [L], desert maps? I don't think this helping with the population woes.
                        Last edited by Smokintodd; 02-24-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokintodd View Post
                          So, now the NA prime-time map rotation is all large [L], desert maps? I don't think this helping with the population woes.
                          Population woes, sorry I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, population has been pretty good, certainly not woeful, what with us being the No 2 Arma server in the World. Also you're being kinda specific don't you think, NA prime time. I just finished playing and we have had 2 Chernarus maps back to back. Not sure what your point is, however we are looking at how the map rotation plays out, and what we can do about that.

Comment

If you're in CST timezone, the server is all but empty (usually ~4 folks) by about 6pm on weekdays. We apparently don't bring many players to the server, or just are crappy at seeding it. On the weekends though, it's a little better and more North American timezone folks are on.

I can't complain much about the map rotation though, it seems to be doing fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              Population woes, sorry I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, population has been pretty good, certainly not woeful, what with us being the No 2 Arma server in the World. Also you're being kinda specific don't you think, NA prime time. I just finished playing and we have had 2 Chernarus maps back to back. Not sure what your point is, however we are looking at how the map rotation plays out, and what we can do about that.
                              My posts specifically mention North American prime-time and this is what I'm referring to. I know the server has a healthy population during Euro evening/prime-time.

I recognize that some changes have been made to the map rotation in terms of Islands, my last post was merely pointing out that we're playing on some large maps with a very small population. I'm wondering if that small maps were used, they might help seed the server during these quiet times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X