No announcement yet.

Red X HELP??? 100% packet loss!!!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red X HELP??? 100% packet loss!!!!!

i have been trying to tackle the red x issue for a while now. tonight i tryed to ping the TG PR server on and there normal servers to, this lead to one thing ....100% PACKET LOSS. so i tracked it back to so i also pinged this....100% packet loss! someone has told me that godaddy supply the servers so i pinged them to with 0%packetloss!! does anybody know why ive got 100%packet loss when i ping any TG server? im sick of not being able to play TG PR!!!!!!!!!

Re: Red X HELP??? 100% packet loss!!!!!

I had a similar issue arise for the first time ever a couple of nights ago on the TG server.

No 'red x' but for some reason I could see the TG server and even do a 'tracert' to it, but could not connect. I found the way around it was to forward my ArmA2 ports, which I've never had to do before. Weird for it to just happen out of the blue but I solved it so I'm moving on. Here are some articles about that:

In your case hornby I would:

1) Try to determine the problem with the red x first
    - This red x would not appear if you had the right ArmA2 and PR mod v0.15 installed.
    - At most you should see a ? mark and not a red x

2) Forward the ArmA2 ports to your computer as described above and also check your firewall.
    - You may be able to see the server by the connection may be blocked on your end by firewall etc.
    - Port 2333 is the same port as the TG server.

3) Do a tracrt to the server ip
    - Go to your command prompt and type in "tracert"
    - This will be a lot more informative than simply pinging the server i.e. you'll be able to see the signal hop and from point to point to the TG server and it may help you identify your above packet loss/issue.
    Last edited by mad rabbit; 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM.

hey rabbit, im not home till tomorrow but i cant fix the red x problem as i believe it is part of the packet loss issue! my arma is all correctly installed because i can see all other servers and as for the 0.15 not being installed correctly is not a problem as i cant see any tactical gamer servers not just PR! i will tracert the ping tomorrow when im home! when we no where the packet loss is occurring, can we fix the issue? i strongly believe this is the red x problem! when the server was down a few month ago was any of the servers changed or anything that could have cause me to experience packet loss?? thanks

From what I understand the 'being able to see a server' qualification is not going to tell you if you game is installed correctly. It's a small signal/ping from you to the server, without qualification of your install. In other words, even I can see a lot of ArmA2 servers, +/- PR, that I can't join because I don't have the right mods loaded or even the right version of ArmA2 for some of the older 'not very well' maintained servers. Your install will become qualified when you start to join a server that does not have any mods loaded.

If you can't see these normal servers then remove the multiplayer server filter via: Mutliplayer -> Filters -> Host: and delete "[@PR_BETATG]"

In other words start small to diganose the problem:

a) Start vanilla ArmA2 +/- beta -> whatever you would be using for the mod when you do get it up and running
        b) Get rid of the above "[@PR_BETATG]" filter from the in-game multiplayer browser
        c) Join an empty ArmA. There should be plenty around without players but you have to try a couple to find one that doesn't have signature checking i.e. requiring pre-loaded mods.
        -> Best server to test for you = "" @ is an Australian server run by a local ISP that does not use any mods:
        -> Ideally you could try a TG server Alpha/Bravo but I think these all require mods and will kick you for not having them preloaded. Remember we're trying to test your vanilla ArmA2 install so don't worry about that.
        d) See if you can get to the game lobby and even start a map on the server and join that map. Aim for one of the default maps that come with ArmA2.

If you can get past (0) (a) to (d) then it's time to move onto steps (1) to (3) above. If not, then you have bigger problems than connection issues and it is your ArmA2 install as I am suggesting. You could also try, if you have a second computer (doen't have to be good, just okay processor + memory) on your LAN at home, starting a dedicated server on that one and trying to join it.

Again you need to confirm your vanilla ArmA2 install is working fine for multiplayer as I suspect this is your problem. ArmA2 is the base for the PR mod. If this is not working right then trying to diagnose what's going wrong with the mod is futile. Lastly consider trying the latest beta installation for ArmA2:

If this all doesn't work, PM and we'll try coach you through it on TS3 sometime this week. Although I have to admit I'm not a Steam ArmA2 install expert and from what I've read that is usually the main source of a lot of problems!

My arma 2 + OA + CO all work fine on any normal server, if I filter it to tactical gamer I just get a bunch of red x's this would point I a loss of connection beetween me and the server!! I'll will be at home tomorrow! I have no problems with any other servers just tactical gamer!! Well I could give you control over my pc to
          Experement if we need to rabbit!

Probably not going to help much if I Remote Desktop your PC and it is indeed weird that you get red x only for the TG servers.

Is this with every single server in the world being displayed but only TG server have the red x's?

If so I have no solution for you and that is just weird.

Yeh the only servers I can't see are TG I don't think it's a coincidence that the only server I ping and lose packets is TG, there's something up with it! I'll tracert it today and
              Post results!

this is my results from the tracert......can anyone make any sence of this? could this be a part of the red x issue?

Tracing route to []
                over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
                2 39 ms 39 ms 38 ms
                3 52 ms 38 ms 38 ms
                4 51 ms 51 ms 51 ms
                5 51 ms 51 ms 51 ms
                6 51 ms 51 ms 51 ms
                7 52 ms 51 ms 51 ms
                8 53 ms 54 ms 55 ms [193
                9 51 ms 51 ms 52 ms []
                10 52 ms 52 ms 62 ms []

11 52 ms 52 ms 52 ms []

12 123 ms 121 ms 121 ms []

13 128 ms 124 ms 124 ms []

14 119 ms 119 ms 119 ms []

15 125 ms 124 ms 124 ms [4.26.34
                16 * * * Request timed out.
                17 165 ms 164 ms 164 ms [173.192.
                18 175 ms 175 ms 175 ms [173.192.1
                19 171 ms 183 ms 170 ms [173.192.18.
                20 170 ms 170 ms 169 ms [
                21 * * * Request timed out.
                22 * * * Request timed out.
                23 * * * Request timed out.
                24 * * * Request timed out.
                25 * * * Request timed out.
                26 * * * Request timed out.
                27 * * * Request timed out.
                28 * * * Request timed out.
                29 * * * Request timed out.
                30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Mine for comparison:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
                  Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\mad rabbit>cd..

C:\>tracert 174.12397.138
                  Unable to resolve target system name 174.12397.138.

Tracing route to []
                  over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms
                  2 21 ms 17 ms 86 ms []
                  3 155 ms 220 ms 247 ms []
                  4 259 ms 280 ms 229 ms []
                  5 281 ms 280 ms 242 ms []
                  6 282 ms 296 ms 290 ms []
                  7 299 ms 340 ms 390 ms []
                  8 270 ms 223 ms 304 ms []
                  9 269 ms 234 ms 216 ms []
                  10 227 ms 210 ms 208 ms []
                  11 222 ms 215 ms 216 ms []
                  12 299 ms 209 ms 209 ms []

Trace complete.

i dont know anything about this tho? i dont have a clue where to start?

purhased a new netgear dgnd3300, top of there range!! all hooked up still the same outcome...packet loss!!!

Don't waste money Hornby, take it back and get a refund. Please pm me your IP for the rig you are attempting to join TG from.

evercost anyting wicks, took my old one back as a button had broke and the the newer dgnd3300 was the price i bought my old one at! :) ok ill mail you it

i duno if you done anyhting wickes but now all pr servers are there and im in, i pinged th ip an 0% packet loss!!!!!!!! buzzing!!!!!!!

I did a bit more behind the scenes fiddling. I am very sorry it has taken so long to straighten out, I will explain what I did when I next see you online. Welcome back!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed