Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best/easiest way to get into PR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best/easiest way to get into PR?

I've had ArmA2 for a while now and bumbled around in it , primarily in the editor , making up a few simple ,short missions. Still not even familiar with all the keystroke/menu commands.

Was kinda interested in online but with the plethora of mods installed on all the various servers it's virtually impossible to find a server to play on without having to spend 1/2 day downloading and installing all the mods required. Along comes PR that offer's PvP and NO mods required.

Now I want to learn to play.

Wondering if I should first take the time to learn ArmA2 , then install PR and learn it or just fire the thing up , jump on the server and hope and pray for the best...:row__529:
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: What's the best/easiest way to get into PR?

Hey Beerhunter.

First port of call is to give the tutorial videos stickied at the top of these forums a watch, they will show you how to bind the 3 specific interaction keys you need. They also cover the basics of gameplay and explain the map, logistics and squad system really well. Have a browse of the manual too, that will help. Then just hop on the server and ask to join a squad, explain you are new and could use a few pointers and explanations, I am sure you will find plenty of people willing to help.
    Last edited by Wicks; 03-26-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

OK txs..will do so..

Did play some BF:PR few years ago so some of the things are probably familiar..but will study what you suggested.

Txs again
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Beer if you see me in game or on Teamspeak feel free to send any questions my way. PR is significantly different from ArmA, so no need to learn ArmA first.

Key things to get up and running quickly:
        --Key binds: Bind your PR-specific keys immediately (they are bound to WASD to force you to rebind them).
        --Join a squad or start one with the PR-specific key bound to "Player Menu" and select Squad Management
        --Armaments: This pile of weapons crates on each map is where you get your kit. More variety of kits are available with more players on your team and in your squad. You can choose "Base Deployment" from the Armaments crates to teleport to a forward position closer to the front lines (to link up with your squad) and get to the fight more quickly.

There is a full manual in game via the Help section accessed via the map in the briefing notes, or you can go to to the Online manual in the reality mod forums to get a full breakdown and explanation of the game systems.
        Last edited by woof; 03-27-2012, 01:37 AM. Reason: big typo (no need)
        sigpic
        [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Hi Beer,

I'm getting back active on ARMA as well and have been spending my time on the Alpha Server getting reacquainted with the game. Alpha server is no mods...Vanilla A2 OA only so it's really easy to hop on and off with no mods enabled.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

+1 to all of the above from Wicks and Woof.
            If you're the kind of person that takes a step back to ask, "What's the best way to do this?", you're already the kind of person who would probably do well at PR:Arma2! :)
            If you see me in-game and my squad is full, remind me that you're new and I will make room for you.
            You can't go wrong with the manual. I've read it half a dozen times and I still come back to refer to it.
            The best thing that new players can do is log 'trigger-time'. Just patiently stack up those hours of experience, mate, winning and losing, with good squads and bad squads, and you will start mastering the ins and outs in no time. You can also create a private multiplayer LAN server and just fool around with the mod, maps, and equipment there.

Great to have you onboard mate!

Cheers,
            Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
            TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Swedge View Post
              If you're the kind of person that takes a step back to ask, "What's the best way to do this?", you're already the kind of person who would probably do well at PR:Arma2! :)
              Seconded. See you soon 'Hunter of Beers'.

Comment

Well thanks for the input and the offers for assistance. I'm probably gonna have to take you up on them.

Been reading and watching..hopefully will give it a try this week end.
                [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Welcome mate, in addition to the suggestions above, check out Mayrhofen's WIP website dedicated to PR:A2 beginners.

http://designbow.com/pr/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X