Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playable ping?? Get booted if too high??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playable ping?? Get booted if too high??

Now I have another "wee" lil problem...my internet :row__521:

Fired it up just to get an idea on pings and looks like it's averaging around 250ms + according to the server screen( It's a LONG LONG way from remote Northern Alberta down to wherever the sever is located).

Hoped onto a vacant server and the game seemed to run fine. Smooth , no rubber banding etc.

I know from past experiences with ArmA2 tons of servers simply just boot you if your ping goes too high and ArmA2 , not being a twitch game (ala CoD , Modern Warfare etc) isn't as ping dependent.

Could probably assume a role where pings really weren't a factor (ie medic , mechanic , cook :icon_bigg) if the server would let me stay.

Would it be playable online?
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Playable ping?? Get booted if too high??

We do not have a high ping kick. I have played with around a 200 ms ping and it wasnt bad. So I suspect it 250 would be playable. As soon as you hit 300 though, is when things start going south, fast.

Comment

We have many, many players with higher pings, you'll be fine.

Comment

I used to live north of you near Fairview, Ab.

Lots of Aussie players on the TG server, no problem.

I'm pinging under 100ms from a wireless tower way in the sticks of eastern Quebec.

You're good to play, tho your isp sucks.

Gimme a shout ingame if you see me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratszo View Post
          I used to live north of you near Fairview, Ab.

Lots of Aussie players on the TG server, no problem.

I'm pinging under 100ms from a wireless tower way in the sticks of eastern Quebec.

You're good to play, tho your isp sucks.

Gimme a shout ingame if you see me!
          Actually live about 20 miles south of the city on a VERY heavily treed acreage. Used to have wireless but as the tower became more and more congested , speeds dropped to abut dial up. They wanted $4,500 to put up an 80' tower to access a closer point so I went with a Rogers HUB that is a lot faster but pings can suck. World of Tanks sometimes I'm <150ms,no lag.
          Makin a list , checking it twice , gonna find out who's gonna help when I get on there.. txs again for all the offers.
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Mate, most of the Aussies like myself get 250ish ping on the TG server. I'm no martyr mate - I'd play elsewhere if my pings were a problem. I've logged almost 500 hours on the TG server now with those pings and am still loving it :)
            The SISU server is 375ish ping and I find that's also entirely playable.
            Pings in Arma 2 dont seem to affect gameplay as significantly as they do for most FPSs'. 95% of the time, if I hit a guy he goes down and if it's me that takes a hit first it's usually a legitimate kill. No complaints here.

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,
            Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
            TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

yeah,i usually have 200 ping but i don't see any kind of "lag"
              Yeah,the avatar is supposed to be like that :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...